4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You're already half way there, I say do it! Though, if you want root I would suggest doing it while on ics, I've seen mixed reports of the jb root method actually working.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've actually taken the time to reread this entire thread (yay for weekends.) Anyways, all these good stories I am reading on here make me feel better about the possibility of me going through with the update. Just a couple questions, mostly for Braden; Using voodoo to keep root, do I need to select all the boxes, and select protect root as per the SS I have attached? Also, how would I go about installing the new safestrap so I can have some fun with these new JB ROMs? Of course, I just thought, I should contact Verizon or Assurion about a possible warranty issue. My USB port seems to be a little wonky. If I move the phone the slightest bit, it registers as being disconnected, so I have to wiggle it for it to recognize it again. Am talking to someone with Verizon now about this.

Edit: Looks like I should be able to still go through the manufactures warranty with this as long as it is covered, which it should be. Also, screenshot is wanting to post for some reason.

Last edited:

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Here is the screen shot. My last post apparently didn't want to be edited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358648565582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358648565582.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 83

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah? And where did you get that information and what defects? I've been running this since the day it came out with no problems.

Stop talking out of your ass

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
:( New "OTA JB Root" from Dan R. didn't work for me... read everything... read everything again... tried every fix in the the thread... still didn't work. Problem occurred right at Phase One - got "Link Failed Cross-device link" error. Last advice I received was to do a Factory Reset and Re-Flash the OTA, then try it again! No time right now to rebuild phone... need it too much. Down the road, will try again...

Last edited:

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Follow the step by step tutorial and you should have no problem flashing JB. Sorry I cannot give more details at this time. Will be in meetings the rest of the day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CaliberSRT4

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Came home this morning and DID IT!!! And so far, it's awesome!

Am I imagining this, or has anyone else found it actually gets better, more stable, and smoother with time? Is there a learning curve to it?

What did you do exactly? I keep running into the same issue. Thanks in advance

RushNFour

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem until I remembered you have to have your USB connection set to media if I remember right. I did it twice to no avail until I switched it to media and then it took. Hope that solves it for you

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well i did it. Installed it, however i did it fresh basically. I went back to stock .211, no root. Will try the root exploit tomorrow and hope it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
:( New "OTA JB Root" from Dan R. didn't work for me... read everything... read everything again... tried every fix in the the thread... still didn't work. Problem occurred right at Phase One - got "Link Failed Cross-device link" error. Last advice I received was to do a Factory Reset and Re-Flash the OTA, then try it again! No time right now to rebuild phone... need it too much. Down the road, will try again...

: I did the Factory Reset, Re-flashed the OTA and then tried Razr_Blade again - it changed, but this time I got a new set of errors... not until Phase 4 though. I'll try again tomorrow night... :(

Wow... these things are FM sometimes, for sure! I plugged it in at work today and gave it one more shot while doing some paperwork. Re-checked everything (but didn't change anything) and ran RAZR_Blade one more time. It worked ??? :D

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep... up and running "Motorola JB Mistake OTA", Rooted via "djrbliss's Razr_Blade" exploit and, thanks to a recommendation by Braden, running Team Speedcore's TripleCore JB ROM on Slot 1 dual booting with the OTA as my secondary. It's TripleCore v2.1 Test ROM but it's really smooth... I've added a screenshot with my own wallpaper using their old logo, Photoshop'd to add Triplecore to it! Try TripleCore... you'll like it! :D

Attachments

• TripleCore_SS.jpg
    TripleCore_SS.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 107

cybergrouch

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I setup the Dual Boot with safestrap 3.11. when i switch kernal's and try to boot either artic HD or triple core, dual core etc.. they just come up blank screen. I tried deleting the partition for new rom and recreating it with no avail. if I switch back to ICS (rooted) kernal and rom. it works fine.. I have a Razor Maxx..

thanks

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning 'Grouch - That's the same way I was running in November/December before the "Jellybean OTA Mistake" came out at Christmas. It worked fine for me - as a matter of fact, I had Artic HD and Dual Core loaded in slots 1 and 2. Only difference was my Safestrap was 3.05 - I don't think that should have anything to do with it though? Let's see if anyone else pipes in...

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm now running Safestrap 3.11 but I have the JB OTA loaded as stock, rooted via "djrbliss's Razr-Blade" and TripleCore in Slot 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty