how is gps?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to test the lock on time. In a good out door place it took about 30 seconds to connect. Og Droid used to be seconds. Charge was even longer though.. That was one try. Didn't use the actually GPS yet though. Maybe later

elitemarine

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Looking into getting this phone, I use the GPS mostly for running and would like it to be very accurate. My DINC was amazing at pin pointing me and tracking, hope this phone does too.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine locks in super fast.
I saw it connected to 11 satellites this morning.

I have gps and google locator on. VZW is off.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Google locator uses wifi to help identify its location correct? That would explain the fast indoor locks if you have a wifi in range that it knows. Maybe I'm incorrect on its function?

The Xoom is incredibly fast to lock on and even more accurate. With sat view on its accurate to the parking spot I'm parked in right now. Not sure if the barometer in the xoom is being utilized for navigation or not.

zabb333

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the Razr also use GLONASS? Is there some way to differentiate between whether it is attached to the US (GPS) or Russian (GLONASS) system?

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Samsung Fascinate the RAZR is extremely fast on locking GPS and very good accuracy. No problems at all so far and I use it pretty extensively.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Gps is good. Way better than my thunderbolt. Street view is always awesome. But the auto compass sucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty