Question Keep GPS active

Herve_be

Jan 10, 2024
Visit site
Good morning,

On my previous Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone, the GPS always remained active even when the OruxMap GP application went into standby mode, which meant that I could clearly see the trace of my route.

Since I have the S23 the GPS is cut off which means that when I wake up the smartphone it draws a straight line from the last point.

I installed GPS Locker without success.

Any idea to keep the GPS always active?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Go to Settings, Location, App Permissions, find Maps and tap, confirm Allow all the Time.
Good luck
466a49ab66137b989232aa393dce159a.jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say, it's already so, do you mean for Maps or for your OruxMap GP app? It should be this way for the app you're wanting to use.

Also OruxMap GP is a 3rd party app so make sure it's not being put to sleep by the UI. Samsung is notorious for putting 3rd party apps to sleep. Goo to Settings>Battery and device care/Device Care (on One UI 6)>Battery>Background usage limits>Sleeping apps/Deep sleeping apps, and see if OruxMap GP is on either list and remove it if it is. You described this happening when the app is put in to sleep or when the screen is off which is what puts apps aloud to sleep to sleep. You may even add it to the other category there, Never auto sleeping apps. This will ensure that if it's open it's active even in the background.

Let us know what you find and we'll offer other advice.

Reactions: methodman89

Herve_be

Jan 10, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help.

Translation of what I read on the previous screenshot :
OruxMapsGP
Access to “Position” for this app
Always allow

There is no application in Background usage limits>Sleeping apps or Deep sleeping apps.
I tried to add OruxMaps GP to "Never auto sleeping apps" (list also empty), I get a list of a lot of apps I can add but OruxMaps is not in the list !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter