Issues when uploading to micro SD card

Skyline315

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone...

Last night, I uploaded a ton of pictures and music to my micro sd card. The transfer seemed to go fine, but when I viewed the pictures, I noticed that about half of them or more appeared to be corrupted (incomplete pictures with lots of thin colored lines going through them). The music I listened to also had random blips throughout the songs and wouldn't display album art even though I have it embedded into the files.

I uploaded the same pictures to my internal phone storage and had no issues whatsoever. I didn't try transfering any music.

Then, I transfered one picture from my internal storage over to the sd card and that also worked fine.

Is this possibly an issue when you try to move large batches of files at once, or is it more likely that I have a bad sd card?

Thanks!

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
did you swap the currrent sd card in from another phone? if so, you must format it first... diff brands use diff types of initial folder file types...i had this issue swapping my fascinate sd card into my razr.... so i xferred all files from samsung card to pc, then from pc to razr card.. everything works fine... just make new folders for music or w/e you are xferring on the sd card through the my computer screen

Skyline315

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
did you swap the currrent sd card in from another phone? if so, you must format it first... diff brands use diff types of initial folder file types...i had this issue swapping my fascinate sd card into my razr.... so i xferred all files from samsung card to pc, then from pc to razr card.. everything works fine... just make new folders for music or w/e you are xferring on the sd card through the my computer screen
No, this is the sd card that came with the phone.

Everything else with my phone has been absolutely perfect. This is the one thing that bothers me.