Two albums instead of One and Missing artwork cannot add

comphateu

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Whenever im uploading music to my phone some albums will get split into two albums instead of staying as one single one. Very annoying and I can't figure out how fix it, using real player music player app and Notepod(itunesagent) to upload music.

but Albums are not split in the music player that came with the phone, except some of the albums do not show album art work.

a solution to one or the other would very helpful! P.S tried album grabber program didn't work. it shows that it added the artwork in the app but when I go to the music app, nothing has changed and its still empty all my music is organized with tag scanner so all tags should be correct not to mention it was synced from my itunes which is organized.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. My Music does this. Known issue. I use mixture of amazon music and mp3skull music synced with windows media player. Even with amazon tags and embedded art and professional mp3 tag editor on pc, music player still shows only what it wants to show.

But at least all my albums stay together thanks to windows media player.. Must be a sync error with the program your using. Never had an issue with split albums.

But I use PowerAMP App.. greatest mp3 I've ever known. Grabs all art.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

comphateu

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Power amp is okay no splitting but some albums are unknown, and sometimes messed up art. Still haven't found a solution, Like really the one thing I like about apple products it doesn't change what u see in the music program u have on ur PC...why can't android do this!!

comphateu

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Im really frustrated about this, Nvm on the split albums, but mostly on the artwork not showing up as I will be using the stock media player. Atleast the albums are organized there, So does anyone have a fix so I am able get all the album art on my albums! Thanks!!!

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I also suggest Googling the Mp3 tag editor 2.5 . Its free PC program. Power amp can edit tags and album art too. But the PC program is faster. Then just resync everything via windows.

Its not Android music player. Android is just the ROM. Its Motorola music player. So don't blame DROID. Blame Motorola. If Google ruled over Android with an iron fist and control all OEMs and their stock apps like the communists over at Apple does with IOS., then I bet there would be no issues too. Android is open and nor closed. If a stock app sucks, just get a better app on market.

comphateu

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
yea I know, but the motorola music player is the only one thats showing the albums together! compared to all the other music players, its just that it doesn't show all album work, tho it should be there cause when I use a app from the market it shows all the missing artwork but the albums will be split. If anyone found a way for the music app to read it properly,

And btw I use tag scanner is that program any different? it also edits all the tags and allows me to add the album art, except the interface looks a little similar

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Open windows media player. If the albums are split there, then its a tag issue and not my music app

Can you highlight multiple songs and edit them all at one time given that they are on the same album, search amazon database, and apply amazon data yo the songs, thus making 1 album??? Do that rather than 1by1. Mp3 tag editor v.2.5 can do that.

comphateu

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Really, I think imma use the music app thats keep the albums together the headache is now just to get all the albums to show album art, I have tried to embbemmed all my albums but that also doesn't work still!

comphateu

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Open windows media player. If the albums are split there, then its a tag issue and not my music app

Can you highlight multiple songs and edit them all at one time given that they are on the same album, search amazon database, and apply amazon data yo the songs, thus making 1 album??? Do that rather than 1by1. Mp3 tag editor v.2.5 can do that.

Hey actually I tried windows media trick. i saw that a album that is split is also split there. Tried retagging it and it went into ONE ALBUM! (on real player) *album art working still not working* But yes Im going to retag all my albums and see if that works if it does ill just use real player! Thanks will post results later!

comphateu

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
YUP IT WORKED! I retagged all my albums and now the albums are not split anymore!! Album art still doesn't show on the Stock music player but Since my albums are not split I can use a music player that shows all the album art THANK YOU EVERYBODY!