razor signal drops

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi,
Im using a razor, switched it out from my original purchase. Seems that at times, the screen is not responsive to my touch and it sometimes drops the signal completely. I have full signal strength, but nothing as far as data.

Is this a 4G issue? Seems to be.

Concerned about my screen not seeing my touch. Should that happen?

Thanks for any insight
phil

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
hi,
Im using a razor, switched it out from my original purchase. Seems that at times, the screen is not responsive to my touch and it sometimes drops the signal completely. I have full signal strength, but nothing as far as data.

Is this a 4G issue? Seems to be.

Concerned about my screen not seeing my touch. Should that happen?

Thanks for any insight
phil

Screen problem i had on my first razr. It got swapped out because it wouldn't take the .173 update. The new one they gave me hasn't done it that i recall of. When it did happen, i would have to lock the screen and then unlock it to fix it.

As far as dropped calls no issues here. Unstable data connection i have experienced especially going down the interstate. If you just have cdma only on you wont have much of any problems. But when you have both on and you lose 4g signal, your lte antenna will stop, and your 3g antenna will come on. Yhis all takes time and if you are in an area that has spotted 4g it will try to bounce back and forth causing it to not hold data connection.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My signal has been dropping in and out all day today. First time this has happened but it's 3g/4g has gone down like 3-4 times since 8 am this morning. I can still make calls though.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My signal has been dropping in and out all day today. First time this has happened but it's 3g/4g has gone down like 3-4 times since 8 am this morning. I can still make calls though.

3g and 4g is strictly data. You have a third antenna just for voice calling and text messages.

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II

Boscoe Tuna

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same issues regarding connectivity with my razr. I am phone #4 because of this issue and have gone to war against ol' red because of it. I came from iPhone to droid and this issue has made me regret that decision from day one (is droid or is it moto to blame). After a lengthy letter to corporate, I am now able to select any other 4g phone as a replacement, but they all seem to go down hill from the razr and I will not settle for getting a cut rate product in replacement of supposedly top notch product that I paid for. I am keeping my eye on the incredible 4g, but at the same time the latest update 6.12.181 seemed to address all of these issues and since I updated I have not had connectivity issues.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
4G towers can be flakey at times. Sometimes can be flakey in certain cities. I have had occasions where at work i have full 4G signal strength and can't' get data to work and other times it works just fine. At home, I only get 2 bars and never have data issues. To me it's tower issues and lack of capacity to handle data requests. When i have a data issue at work, I have called VZW and requested a trouble ticket. On a few occasions, they have called back and told me it was in fact the tower having problems.

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know about this issue. I went through like 6 Razrs and the Maxx and it happened to 3 of them. They others it wouldn't and you could tell the difference right away. Its a fault with the radios. Trust me on that. When data would drop. It wouldn't come back on until like a few minutes later then drop again. A replacement didn't do that at all. This is within a 2 day span.

Called about issue, they overnighted one and the next didn't do it. I'd get it changed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2