Signal drop issue

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed sudden signal drop/lost issue. It's present from beginning. Im in area with full signal and when I start making a call it takes very long time for 'nothing to happen' and when I check what's on display I see no signal and marked with !. Switching phone to airplane mode and back doesnt help. Only solution is to restart, enter pin and i'm back to full signal.

It happened last monday. Googling solution lead me to switch preferred network mode to 4G. Everything was ok till yesterday when it happened again. Today I also had this problem.

Any ideas what to do?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I noticed sudden signal drop/lost issue. It's present from beginning. Im in area with full signal and when I start making a call it takes very long time for 'nothing to happen' and when I check what's on display I see no signal and marked with !. Switching phone to airplane mode and back doesnt help. Only solution is to restart, enter pin and i'm back to full signal.

It happened last monday. Googling solution lead me to switch preferred network mode to 4G. Everything was ok till yesterday when it happened again. Today I also had this problem.

Any ideas what to do?

Have you tried resetting network?

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you describe exactly what you mean by that.
At the moment of signal drop, manual network search is not possible: it finds no networks. After reset, there is no problem with manual network search. More than 6 networks are found then.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you go to settings>system>network reset this reset mobile network but also wifi passwords and connected Bluetooth devices
4ad6ed388d7c4ae729613d3748f76e40.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll do that next time when problem appears, but I doubt that this is actual solution to my problem.

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
No, it never happened at home. It always happens when im in area with good signal. It starts with full signal and me trying to make a call. Im waiting to get connection, but since nothing is happening except phone trying to connect, I hang up. At this moment signal drops to !. In this status going into flight mode and back doesnt help. Im stuck at no connection. If I disable automatic network search and try manual search it finds no networks. Problem is fixed by restarting phone or resetting all network connections (this also means I lose all stored bluetooth devices and wifi networks so I need to set them back up). It happens few times a week and is getting really anoyoing.

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
At the start I didnt touch any settings so it was set to 5G (recommended), but since Slovenia isn't supported by Google it only connects to 4G. After initial connection issues I just locked it to 4G in settings.

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Turning adaptive connectivity didnt solve my problem. Today it repeated in exactly same scenario as before: I started calling someone, when no ringing signal appeared on phone I check screen what was happening. It still showed full signal but nothing went trough, so I hang up. After that signal dropped to 0 bars and instead of signal bar sign ! appeared. It makes me sad to say that I start to miss my old Galaxy S20+.

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey all of you who tried to help me out. I've been searching for solution to my problem and I noticed someone replying to users with same problem on youtube, to turn off power saver mode. After a week of absolutely no problems I can say, that this solved my problem. Since you're actively helping other users, please spread the word. Have a great week.

Regards,

Iztok
4a470eeeb1ea13f7b75242b752e8abb5.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey all of you who tried to help me out. I've been searching for solution to my problem and I noticed someone replying to users with same problem on youtube, to turn off power saver mode. After a week of absolutely no problems I can say, that this solved my problem. Since you're actively helping other users, please spread the word. Have a great week.

Regards,

Iztok
4a470eeeb1ea13f7b75242b752e8abb5.jpg

Thanks for the tip and updating us , did you have that on most of the time?

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It was late last night when I posted about solution to my problem. Here is setting that was causing signal loss when starting a call. After turning Adaptive Battery off it never happened again.
68e3b200b68b954ee354371f21a75581.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe