Smart Actions to take advantage of

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I helped my aunt upgrade to a smartphone Sunday and what it came down to was price. While I would have preferred she bought the Maxx because of the battery life, she couldn't pass on getting the Razr for 45 bucks. Ever since then though I have not been able to feel confident in the purchase as I am afraid she will hate the phone based off the battery life. :-\

So my question to everyone here who has and uses this phone on a daily basis, what smart actions do you use that I could set up to help her take advantage of in creasing battery life. I'm familiar with smart actions since my sis has the Maxx, but what are you doing to help save your battery with this model?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I helped my aunt upgrade to a smartphone Sunday and what it came down to was price. While I would have preferred she bought the Maxx because of the battery life, she couldn't pass on getting the Razr for 45 bucks. Ever since then though I have not been able to feel confident in the purchase as I am afraid she will hate the phone based off the battery life. :-\

So my question to everyone here who has and uses this phone on a daily basis, what smart actions do you use that I could set up to help her take advantage of in creasing battery life. I'm familiar with smart actions since my sis has the Maxx, but what are you doing to help save your battery with this model?

I'm a moderate to heavy user and believe it or not, I just got almost 9hrs out of the RAZR without smart actions enabled. I'm also coming from the gn so I was a bit worried to start. But so far so good. Oh, I was still at 20% before I hooked it up to the charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm a moderate to heavy user and believe it or not, I just got almost 9hrs out of the RAZR without smart actions enabled. I'm also coming from the gn so I was a bit worried to start. But so far so good. Oh, I was still at 20% before I hooked it up to the charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I doubt she will be a heavy user, but being her first smart phone I'm sure she will be on it a lot. I guess I have a bad feeling that I may have steered her the wrong way. :(

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I would say no. The razr gets really decent battery. If she wants something that will stay charged for a few days, the maxx is the way to go. Under light use, battery on both will be even longer.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Set a Smart Action to turn off data when the display is off. Helps alot with battery life on the RAZR. I set it so every couple hours the phone will sync even though the Smart Action is enabled.

JDub313

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I use 2 smart actions regularly and find the battery life excellent on my RAZR.
1) When I am hooked to WiFi at work or at home, I turn off Bluetooth and GPS.
2) When I am hooked to Bluetooth in my car I turn off WiFi.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have two rules.

Normal:
  • active between 4PM and 7AM weekdays, and all day saturday,sunday
  • makes ringer audible
  • turns wifi on

Quiet:
  • active 7AM-4PM weekdays
  • Sets ringer to vibrate
  • Turns WIFI off

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I use several rules.

I generally shut off cellular service when connected to wifi. At night, I disable all data services.

I disable the background sync a lot, when the screen is off. I also keep brightness at the lowest setting.

As a light user, I will go for more than 24 hours on one charge. If I was a heavier user, I'd still get a workday or more out of it.

I wish SA had more triggers.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to have it cut off wifi when I leave the house or the office. I just got the phone this afternoon. I'm used to the HTC widgets. I found wifi, bluetooth, gps widgets but I can't find the data widget or an autosync widget. Thanks!

GenoBandino

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called Verizon Wi-Fi Auto-on. It uses your GPS location to determine if you are at home or office....or wherever you want it to turn your wifi on. When you leave your identified location it turns wifi off. GPS is less battery drain than wifi. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non