I am sooo #$$%)*^#!!!>?"{} ANGRY at Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So,

I decided to be a great Dad and hubby, I went to the Verizon store yesterday to buy a new phone for my wife and daughter. I picked out 2 great phones a Razr MAXX for my wife ,and a Razr M for my daughter. Well.. When I got to the counter I was told that if I upgraded both phones, that they would not continue with the unlimited data plans, that we have always had

HUH?!

Because of the stupidity of Verizon, their network, which we pay soooo much for cannot handle the load, I was limited to only 2 GB of data per month. BUT.... If I wanted to pay FULL RETAIL, I could get unlimited data.

They so just lost a customer.

I personally use 7-8 GB per month for work and my wife for her job does 5-6 GB.

WHAT A PITA.

And then the wonder why people despise them so.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately Verizon started that policy at some time this year. There are ways around it. If you have more lines available on your family plan you vang ad the phones you the line and drop the data plan and switch those new phones to your wife/daughter's line.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Add a ghost line for ten bucks a month. And every time you upgrade, transfer the upgrade to that number. Then just do an ESB change back to the number you want the phone on. Viola! Nobody loses unlimited.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I do not have any more additional lines available.

And no this is still their procedure
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: I am sooo #$$%)*^#!!!>?"{} ANGRY at Verizon

So,

I decided to be a great Dad and hubby, I went to the Verizon store yesterday to buy a new phone for my wife and daughter. I picked out 2 great phones a Razr MAXX for my wife ,and a Razr M for my daughter. Well.. When I got to the counter I was told that if I upgraded both phones, that they would not continue with the unlimited data plans, that we have always had

HUH?!

Because of the stupidity of Verizon, their network, which we pay soooo much for cannot handle the load, I was limited to only 2 GB of data per month. BUT.... If I wanted to pay FULL RETAIL, I could get unlimited data.

They so just lost a customer.

I personally use 7-8 GB per month for work and my wife for her job does 5-6 GB.

WHAT A PITA.

And then the wonder why people despise them so.

Welcome to July 2012. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm not mistaken I think they fixed this loophole.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Do you have any evidence of this "loophole" being fixed?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
And you didn't know this before you went in? It's been like this for many months now..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
And you didn't know this before you went in? It's been like this for many months now..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If you read my post, I have been with Verizon for more than 6 years and have not done any upgrades in more than 2 years. Unlike you, I do have a life outside of my cell phone, so no, I did not know that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you read my post, I have been with Verizon for more than 6 years and have not done any upgrades in more than 2 years. Unlike you, I do have a life outside of my cell phone, so no, I did not know that.

This is almost always the come back. lol.

This was major news on tech sites like the front page blog here, Engadget, The Verge, and CNet. But then you'll probably come back with the same "unlike you, I do have a life outside of the internet so I don't read any tech news sites".

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
By simply opening yahoo you would have seen an article about it. Heck, it was even on my local news. Fwiw I last upgraded about a year ago, before the new policy, and I knew it was coming. I actually chose to leave my unlimited plan so I could get the Galaxy Nexus with the double data promotion.

A simple Google search would give you thousands of posts from people explaining, and also complaining about the new policy.

Also, you don't know what kind of life I have, but it definitely doesn't revolve around my phone, so you can't comment on that. I simply like tech and android ad a hobby, among tons of other hobbies.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This is not a "hobby" for me. My phone is a tool to use to make my job easier. I don't use it the way many others do. Just about every application I have is business related. So no, I do not read anything on tech, nor do I want to.

I do applaud the fact that you do have other hobbies though

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude, chill. I know you're angry but no need to be dismissive. There IS an alternative. Ebay or the marketplace forum here. Or check your local Craigslist. It won't be all that cheap for the phones that you want, but it will be far cheaper than full retail. You might want to go regular Razr for the time being because you can find one for around $200.

Like others, I'm kinda surprised that you don't keep up even a little since this is such an important tool for your business. But don't bust me for expressing surprise. In any case, as long as you don't upgrade through Verizon directly at less that full retail you get to keep your grandfathered unlimited data. At least that's the way it is right now. Of course, you can always go to Sprint.

PS, how is it that you haven't upgraded in 2 years if you already have a Razr? Just curious.

Last edited:

Woodsy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to come onto a CELLPHONE FORUM then bash the people who clearly know more than you and your "I'm to good to read about the company I pay 150+ a month" attitude, then please find a new place to complain. We are cellphone enthusiasts here. Period. I can guarantee you I have more of a "life" and "hobbies" than you so don't come onto here making generalizations about the amazing community and users.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, you've been offered some alternative options if you want to stay with Verizon and get new phones while keeping unlimited. The decision is yours.

I, too, am surprised that you didn't know about the plan changes. I'm sure Verizon sent you plenty of junk mail trying to get you to upgrade. Should hardly have been a surprise.

Regardless, I wish you luck.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
There is no need for the rude comments in this thread. The OP's anger (edit: at Verizon) is justified, and it is also reasonable that not everyone knew about the change. This thread has served its purpose.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez