Best performance with replacement apps

Sam RAZR

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
On my RAZR M(NOT ROOTED) I replaced my dialer, contacts, and launcher with 3rd party apps. It seems that now I am not as efficient on RAM. I feel like it's because the stock contacts, dialer, and "homescreen" are still running in the background while I never use them.

Is there any way to disable these apps? I tried to do this in the "manage apps" but it's not even an option.

I am running "Launcher 8", "Rocket Dialer & Contacts" and "Quikpic".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Free ram is wasted ram in android, so the goal is to have as little free ram as possible by caching apps in the background. You won't gain any performance by disabling those apps.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Sam RAZR

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh. So using these apps to replace the stock ones is just using more battery? Anything i can do about this?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Who knows if that's the problem, there could be a million different reasons your battery drains. You might get more help of you post in the razr m section :thumbup:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
CPU/RAM is directly correlated to battery consumption. The more CPU and ram you use, the more battery you use. Background apps will only use battery when not being used for up to 3-5 minutes max until Android, like iOS, will freeze them or close them by default. I use Watchdog to monitor this usage. Warchdog will also prove that background apps use noooooooo battery. Open the app, click the 3rd tab for app list. See all those apps using 0.0% cpu/ram. Ergo those arent using battery. Just frozen by Android until you call upon them. Which leads me to this classic Jerry comment--"you dont need a damn task killer. Youll be wasting more battery killing apps by task killers by killing apps that use 0% usage than you would by just using the apps."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2