Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By metrov
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music Not Showing Up

Hi, I have numerous music albums/artists/songs loaded onto my SD card that are not showing up in my music player. I have tried installing several different music players with the same results. The same music files are not showing up. I've tried, as has been suggested online, unmounting my SD card, removing it, putting it back in, then "refreshing" my player or having the player re-scan the music collection, nothing helps so far. All the music files are .mp3's. Is there a certain way music files have to be titled, or something else that could be causing the problem? Is there a limit to the number of music files? I only have 1000 or so. I also tried clearing my Media Storage cache, no luck either. It's really a drag because my phone is my main source of music, especially when driving, and I just can't get to hear some of my favorite songs. Any suggestions for this problem? Thanks!

Default Re: Music Not Showing Up

Hi Metrov, maybe you could provide us with some more information. What kind of phone do you have? What method did you use to bring the music onto the phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi, since I'm in the Droid Razr forum, I thought it would be known that's the kind of phone I had. To put the music on my Droid Razr (v. 4.1.2), I simply connected the phone to my computer, then dragged my audio files onto the phone. Also, I just discovered that the files not showing up simply had the Numerical File Names given them by my CD extractor. However, I renamed these files, and the album still does not show up. Thanks for your help.
    Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by metrov View Post
    Hi, since I'm in the Droid Razr forum, I thought it would be known that's the kind of phone I had. To put the music on my Droid Razr (v. 4.1.2), I simply connected the phone to my computer, then dragged my audio files onto the phone. Also, I just discovered that the files not showing up simply had the Numerical File Names given them by my CD extractor. However, I renamed these files, and the album still does not show up. Thanks for your help.
    Chances are the music is not in the right file so that's why there not showing up.
    Try this as a test:
    1. Pick one of the songs not showing up
    2. Use a file explorer and move that one song to sd card> media. Or internal storage > media.
    3. Reboot phone.
    If song shows now in music player then move the rest. The same way & reboot.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I fix the problem. Turns out many of my audio files were not "tagged" and so the players won't recognize them. I found a free software program that tagged my music, now it's all available. Thanks!

What software program did you use? Did you have to do it on the computer and then reload the music onto the phone?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

"MP3 Tag" works pretty well. I tagged mine on computer because I wanted to make backup files, then dragged the files back onto the phone. But it may work just as well tagging the files directly on the phone.
    androidcore likes this.

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

i was going to state as such. I use MP3Tag tool on my laptop. And I found out years ago that Android OS wont play mp3 unless it has a tag. So I make sure my mp3s are tagged to my fancy and dumped into the MUSIC folder on my Internal drive (or external whatever you prefer)
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**

Quote Originally Posted by metrov View Post
    Hi, I have numerous music albums/artists/songs loaded onto my SD card that are not showing up in my music player. I have tried installing several different music players with the same results. The same music files are not showing up. I've tried, as has been suggested online, unmounting my SD card, removing it, putting it back in, then "refreshing" my player or having the player re-scan the music collection, nothing helps so far. All the music files are .mp3's. Is there a certain way music files have to be titled, or something else that could be causing the problem? Is there a limit to the number of music files? I only have 1000 or so. I also tried clearing my Media Storage cache, no luck either. It's really a drag because my phone is my main source of music, especially when driving, and I just can't get to hear some of my favorite songs. Any suggestions for this problem? Thanks!

Sol: u can install "poweramp" player it's work fine and deep scan SD card so it shows all mp3 songs