Droid RAZR will not charge.

DILLON OLIVIERO

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
So I found this Droid RAZR that doesn't work, but after some time I fixed it. Now the problems coming back. Basically, the screen turns off, and the higher the battery, the longer it takes for it to once again be chargeable. Usually this is 1 1/2-3 days to work. Also, the battery is always at 0 when it starts to charge with the battery symbol, indicating the battery must need to be at 0 for it to start charging. On another note, when I does work I got errors for uuid and it asks me if I'm "feeling lucky" sometimes. Finally, the case won't fully pop in at the top. It usually powers off in this way when it's lower, but has happened at 80%.
Things I've tried so far is hard reset, soft reset (held for about a minute) and the power button. I am desperate to get this fixed.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you find it? How did you fix it at first? It really sounds like the phone has some serious hardware issues, so I doubt you'll find any simple solutions.

DILLON OLIVIERO

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I fixed it by taking off the case and back, and plugging it in. It took about 3 tries over 2 days. Also, the SIM card is discolored, like it was painted with light blue and black fabric.the phone itself is in a generally good condition, with the only problem being that the case won't stay in entirely at the top.

DILLON OLIVIERO

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I put the case back on. Before charging. I used a 1 amp charger yesterday and got it to 20% but when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't and it stopped charging. Also, I have been using it for like a month.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, it's just difficult to troubleshoot a phone in that condition on a forum. I think you're better off bringing it to a technician to inspect.