Question A54 charging problems

franshenn

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
A54, 1 year old. Sometimes I find battery at 30% in the morning. I had assumed it was my fault. This morning, found it at 42% having been on fast charge for 6 hours, & it said 20 hours + to full charge! Restarted phone & set to slow charge & it full charge, to 85%, in 1½ hours. I had set it to fast charge about 2 days ago as it was at 30% & I needed to go, normally on slow charge. Why these problems?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. It sounds like you have either a bad cable or a dirty port. You should make efforts to correct whichever sooner than later because this can be dangerous and/or bad for the battery.

I would start by looking in the port on the phone and checking for debris punched down around the center contact. Anything in the port can prevent the plug from fully seating and affect how well everything makes contact and transfers power. This short circuiting can again be dangerous and bad for the battery. If you find the port is clean and everything looks undamaged try a different cable. When you plug in most devices tell you how long until a full charge, weigh that against 20 or 30 minutes on the charger. Did you see the expected increase? If not I would for sure take it into a repair center. Your carrier's if possible. They likely won't charge you for just looking at the device.

Other things it could be would be a damaged port on the device. The charging port is connected with several small pins to the PCB and if the phone was dropped or the plug was torqued while charging the plug could have pushed on this board and broken on of these pins causing a bad connection. It could also be the charging block/brick. While they have no moving parts they can still go bad so if it isn't dirt or the cable try another brick. You mentioned fast charging just be aware that not all bricks supply enough power to accommodate fast charging so be sure if you're expecting fast charging you're connected to a brick that can accommodate this.

Let us know what you find.