Gorilla Glass? Is a screen protector necessary?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I work for corning inc. and i just recently took off the dumb verizon screen protector, i can believe how beautiful the screen actually is. I agree that gorilla glass is HARD to scratch under normal use, but for me, so far so good and i will not be using a protector.

Scuzzelbutt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I pulled my Verizon anti-glare guard off, the store installed it when I got the phone. It looks so much better without it. I'm going commando for now, I don't let it touch anything in official 'graphite' clip anyhow.That screen protector was a waste of $15.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
get the Steinheil Ultra Crystal
you won't be able to tell it's on there.. it's so clear and smooth.
(i rave about this because I was disappointed in others, and so impressed by the crystal)

tduffysd

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting for someone to tell me why they need a screen protector. Do you guys work in construction or something? Or are you the types of people that use screen savers on your LCD monitors? It's not necessary.

I have an LCD monitor in my office that proves that you DO need a screen saver with LCD monitors. The start menu is burned into it permanently.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I actually scratched my og droid screen i was playing ball and had no where to put my phone but my bat bag and the sand from the field ended up winning the show down so my droid x is sporting a screen protector.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't need a screen protector. I got my first cell phone nearly 20 years ago and have never had a scratched screen. I have never had a case or screen protector. I usually carry in my pocket. With my X, however, I did get the screen protector that VZW sells. Not for screen protection though. I find that my finger "sticks" when I slide it across the bare glass. The VZW screen protector is textured enough that my finger slides over it more smoothly. If it wasn't for that, I'd be naked with this phone too.

People need to remember that these aren't family heirlooms....THEY'RE DISPOSABLE PHONES!

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an evo 4G not sure what type of glass this has. I had an antiglare protector on it but it made the phone look faded the screen so i took it off gonna put a regular one on.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been curious actually about the Evo screen. Seen a lot of reports of scratches.... It sure does feel nice though.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't need a screen protector. I got my first cell phone nearly 20 years ago and have never had a scratched screen. I have never had a case or screen protector. I usually carry in my pocket. With my X, however, I did get the screen protector that VZW sells. Not for screen protection though. I find that my finger "sticks" when I slide it across the bare glass. The VZW screen protector is textured enough that my finger slides over it more smoothly. If it wasn't for that, I'd be naked with this phone too.

People need to remember that these aren't family heirlooms....THEY'RE DISPOSABLE PHONES!

Finally! Someone who feels the same way I feel about the naked glass and how our fingers stick to it! omg I thought I was alone!

I find that the naked glass, on some especially humid days its almost impossible to swipe or make any other non-tap like motion on the glass. It drives me mad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames