New Gorilla Armor Question

Hugh Jass

Jan 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi there, first post but I was a member of DroidForums since 2010 but is evidently now a dead forum (still rocking the S20 but ordered the 24 ultra) so here I am. So something I haven't heard anyone talk about yet is if you put a tempered glass screen protector over this new Gorilla Armor screen, is it going to diminish the screens new ability to stop screen reflectivity? I ordered a amFilm but now I'm wondering if I should just cancel and pay for the protection program if the tempered glass is going to negate this great new feature? Thanks.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Most likely. You will get a normal reflection from the screen protector.
I still will go with glass screen protector. Cheaper than any protection plan and I'm ok with some occasional reflection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know much about this new gorilla armor screen except from talk on here but we plan on getting glass due to being flat screens again. My husband doesn't like the Zagg Fusion on we have on now. I don't have a problem with it we've had them replaced 2 or 3 times though. But I didn't see the glass one on Best Buys site the other day.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I more so was curious if it was actual display tech (various layers etc) that causes most of the reflection or the top layer of glass it's self. But if it negates the effect entirely I'll probably run without it and just keep my case.
Go check out the S24U's display's reflectivity compared to the others in a store... it doesn't completely eliminate reflections and glare, but it's a very big reduction. Samsung has an anti-reflective SP they're selling for the S24U (I picked up a couple with the preorder credit). If it works as well in that regard and doesn't impact the feel and look too much I'll use that for a little bit of extra protection, but otherwise will rock it without a SP.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
All we can do is slap one on and see what it looks like in comparison. Usually you can get two of them for 10 bucks so if you don't like it just peel it off and toss it in the trash. On top of that we've lived with regular reflections and glare for years so I'm sure we'll live either way. YMMV

Reactions: J Dubbs

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, first post but I was a member of DroidForums since 2010 but is evidently now a dead forum (still rocking the S20 but ordered the 24 ultra) so here I am. So something I haven't heard anyone talk about yet is if you put a tempered glass screen protector over this new Gorilla Armor screen, is it going to diminish the screens new ability to stop screen reflectivity? I ordered a amFilm but now I'm wondering if I should just cancel and pay for the protection program if the tempered glass is going to negate this great new feature? Thanks.
I think just putting on an anti-reflective screen protector on top will yield simular results

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter