Droid X Case?

vlador50

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I've been using an otterbox commuter case on my Droid X for a few months now, and I am really starting to dislike it. The silicon inside cover is very loose and "flappy", so to speak. The hard plastic shell seems like it's bending and doesn't fit perfectly at all. So now I'm on the market for a new case.

I'm looking for something that will provide adequate protection from scratches and the occasional drop, but not add any serious bulk to my phone. I also want to be able to take it out of my pocket smoothly, so no rubber or silicon cases. I looked at the Seidio Innocase and Seidio Innocase Active, but I'm not sure if they're any good. Is there anything that would meet those requirements?

Thanks in advance for helping!

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The Seidio products are good. Search Amazon for "Siedio Innocase Active X Droid X" They come in black and burgundy. I think that one may fit your list. If not, the Active probably would. The Innocase Surface is just a plastic shell, no rubber cushion.

I have a Seidio Innocase on my OG Droid and really like it. I use a TPU case on my DX that I like because I use the dock daily.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Two suggestions...

Trident Kraken - a much better equivalent of the Otterbox Defender, but about as bulky

Superior Dual Cover - available (if you are lucky) only at Verizon stores, can be hard to find, but worth the search. Semi-firm, smooth black sides (no color choices) cover all corners and wrap around front edge. Has semi-clear back that can fit over extended battery, some have said. All buttons (except buttons under screen) are covered, all ports open. It has rave reviews in this forum - do a search for more comments. Great but lightweight protection. ... my favorite case.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I truly dig everything Seidio, been using their stuff for years. Unfortunately with the X I utilize the car dock for nav, Pandora and phone aux. I would really like to see a car dock / case combo, I really dislike not having but a screen protector on the X. Granted it would be foolish for a mfg to come up with something they would only sell a few of.

drone1

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Superior Dual Cover and it's great.
If you look about two threads below yours, look at subject titles, you will see this case covered in detail and on the last page a link to a store that has them in stock and at $12.99 and free shipping, well worth it.

nxstang

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the Seidio and liked it. Love my Otterbox though.

If you decide to go Seidio, I have a brand new Rugged combo pack I'd sell cheap, as I'll never use it.