[ROM][EH06] modified w/theme/kernel/fixes

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
If you were on the previous version PLEASE update to this version. There is an issue with the way the rom was de-odexed; this has been fixed by Decad3nce.

This is a LEAK, it is NOT perfect. There WILL be issues. I do not recommend this as a daily driver. I am NOT responsible for any issues you may encounter, flash at your own risk!

What this is:
-Decad3nce's stock deodexed EH06 [ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EH06 (CWM Flashable w/ root) - xda-developers
-Chris41g?s EH06plus kernel [KERNEL][CWM Flashable] EH06Plus Rooted Ext4 Tweaked Superuser.apk Su Busybox Built-In
-|ACER|?s EH06 Almost stock theme [ERA][Theme][EH06] Ace Theme 1.1 "Almost Stock" - xda-developers
-EH06 Logs provider fix from crawrj [EH06] Logs Provider Fix - xda-developers
-Optmsprim2 for shutdown animations [BOOT] Helix Animations, Fuchsia Shutdown added[UPDATED 4/5/11] - xda-developers
-Launcher pro added and Touchwiz launcher removed
-All samsung and sprint apps removed.

What this isn't:
-Overclockable
-No boot animations

Decad3nce for the base rom
Crawrj for the logsprovider fix
|ACER| for the sexy theme
Chris41g for the kernel
optmsprim2 for shutdown
All devs that helped these guys out. Please go thank them over at XDA, links are above.

Screenshots:

Directions:
(Can come from EC05/EG22/EH06 but your modem will NOT change!)

***Please make a back up with mybackup root or titanium then restore after this will wipe everything***

1. Boot into most recent CWM

2. Wipes are done automatically.

3. Select install zip from SD card

4. Select EH06 modified, Install

5. Reboot

^^Optional to change your modem see this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...5-modem-eh06-gingerbread-eh06-modem-only.html

Download: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EH06] Modified Stock/Batt/Logs/No TW

I need to learn how to make my posts as fancy as yours.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Well I do have some secret help, the advisers and mods here are provided with those fancy NOTES/INFO/WARNING/TIP boxes and other little things to help make our posts/guides/tutorials more professional and organized. [TIP] Its not something that can be done by the normal member.[/TIP]

But there are still plenty of way to make your posts/threads look nice and you have been doing just fine :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

LOL.. Yes there is.. Cory Streater our administrator has given us some great tools to work with and also done so many visual and hands on improvements for the members to use as of late (I'm sure you've seen the changes). It all comes down to giving Android Central and its members a professional and user friendly forum to call HOME :D

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [rom][eh06] under construction

There is an issue with the de-odexing of the rom and should be fixed within a few hours. If you are on the original version, you should definitely update when I post the fix.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

There is an issue with the de-odexing of the rom and should be fixed within a few hours. If you are on the original version, you should definitely update when I post the fix.

Is that the reason why my Epic freezes up sometimes (it might just be that I'm updating 50 something apps at once cuz I forget to backup the newer versions :p)?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Is this something that you have found or is this something from Decad3nce's work on the base ROM?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Is this something that you have found or is this something from Decad3nce's work on the base ROM?

It was actually reported by another XDA member, Necrosan. Apparently the de-odexing tool wasn't correctly working on Samsung Galaxy S gingerbread versions. It has since been updated though. Unfortunately Deca broke is machine and hasn't been able to get the fixed version out. This isn't a serious cause of concern it just might cause some issues with theming. Otherwise, Ill have a new version out as soon as possible.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

can't wait for the download! do you mind if i ask if you have an expected launch date? thanks!
Unfortunately, probably not going to happen on this leak. For the following reasons, and I do not intend to sound hostile:

1. I am in the process of a move, so my internet won't be up for a week or so.
2. There is a chance of another leak with in a week or so. (based on the RDFs and rate of leaks so far)
3. Several people have actually already released similar style roms at XDA for the EH06 leak. So I would check out those threads. I originally did this because Paul627g has had a run of bad luck and he normally knocks these basic mods out.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but in all likelihood I will have another version out with the next leak I am just unable to right now.

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately, probably not going to happen on this leak. For the following reasons, and I do not intend to sound hostile:

1. I am in the process of a move, so my internet won't be up for a week or so.
2. There is a chance of another leak with in a week or so. (based on the RDFs and rate of leaks so far)
3. Several people have actually already released similar style roms at XDA for the EH06 leak. So I would check out those threads. I originally did this because Paul627g has had a run of bad luck and he normally knocks these basic mods out.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but in all likelihood I will have another version out with the next leak I am just unable to right now.
awww..... sad.... i'll search xda for the similar ones, but i've hardly ever been there before. do you mind if i be a noob and ask if you know any of the threads off the top of your head that have the aforementioned similar roms/mods?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

awww..... sad.... i'll search xda for the similar ones, but i've hardly ever been there before. do you mind if i be a noob and ask if you know any of the threads off the top of your head that have the aforementioned similar roms/mods?

I am actually throwing something together now based on these:

[ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EH06 (CWM Flashable w/ root) - xda-developers
[ACS][KERNEL][CWM Flashable]EH06Plus Rooted Ext4 Tweaked Superuser.apk Su Busybox - xda-developers
[ERA][Theme][EH06] Ace Theme 1.1 "Almost Stock" - xda-developers

Should be out tonight.

Reactions: firelightguitarist

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

awesome! i'll keep an eye out for it, cuz now i can't decide which of these i like best! it's a touch choice between these:
[ACS][KERNEL][CWM Flashable]EH06Plus Rooted Ext4 Tweaked Superuser.apk Su Busybox - xda-developers
[ERA][Theme][EH06] Ace Theme 1.1 "Almost Stock" - xda-developers
[Theme][EH06][8-Lock]Sculpted v2 UPDATED 8/20! - xda-developers
[ACS][Theme][EH06] Honeycomb Fusion Explosion *Half Baked Cookie Edition* v2.1 Live - xda-developers

i especially like the last 3. not grammatically correct, i should have said i like the first one least, but i don't dislike it at all, i just like the other 3 better.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
SAMFIRMWARE.com will be releasing EH17 today or tomorrow. I knew I should have waited to update this lol.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
EH17 huh? Well if they couldn't get their hands on EH18 then thats a better sign it could be final....

Get ready for another whole new GB leak thread... Uggghh !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci