Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eharty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Odin][Gingerbread][EH17] Now Released..

[NOTE]
    Gingerbread "leaked" EH17

(Thanks to PumaMania for the screenshot!)

Source/Download Link: Login - www.SamFirmware.com
    PLEASE REGISTER TO DOWNLOAD, ITS FREE....

Credit: xda developers & Samfirmware.com Thanks!

- Download and extract the package. It will have the tar file and Odin software included. When you go to extract the tar file you will be asked to enter the password provided below.
    - Open Odin and place the SPH-D700-EH017-REL.tar.md5 file in the PDA slot of Odin and make sure you check Auto Reboot only and press START.

Password is samfirmware.com

Need help installing? How about watching qbking77's great ?? (Credit: qbking77/ACS Thanks for your work as always!)

Rooting and installing CWM for EH06

Go to the links below and follow the simple instructions...

http://drockstar.devphone.org/EpicTa....1.0.1.tar.md5 (place this file in the PDA slot of Odin with only Auto Reboot checked and press START)

Superuser (Boot into CWM and flash this zip file which will give you Superuser access)
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by 4:

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Default Re: [Odin][Gingerbread][EH17] Now Released..

Thanks for the info. Will be trying this release out later tonight.
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

I would get a screenshot for ya paul but I am swamped with homework tonight, damn college. If d3cadance puts out his CWM flashable version, I can get screenshots pretty quick though.

*Please don't mirror though guys.
    *The file is double compressed, you need to extract twice.
    *Remember to use the PDA slot in odin.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

found it

Here's the screenshot

Here's how to get Clock Work Mod Purple back onto your phone, since EH17 will wipe it. (Credit to Paul627g, of course [; )

Rooting and installing CWM for EH17

Go to the links below and follow the simple instructions...

[INFO]http://drockstar.devphone.org/EpicTa....1.0.1.tar.md5 (place this file in the PDA slot of Odin with only Auto Reboot checked and press START)

Superuser (Boot into CWM and flash this zip file which will give you Superuser access)[/INFO]
    Thanked by 4:

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ROM
    EH17 Hurricane 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by mindflux View Post
    found it
    Don't forget the password....."samfirmware.com"
    Thanked by 2:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks to all of you for throwing in a helping hand. Most regulars know I'm no longer running the Epic 4g, I've moved onward to the Nexus S 4g so I can't flash these and help out as I used to. So this little bit of help with screenshots, etc is valuable to everyone

Thanks again, and I will still be here to help support and answer questions to the best of my ability.

Enjoy the leak everyone !

Paul.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

I still only can lock on 2 satelites with this rom as well. I went right back to EC05 so I can still use GPS since I use it weekly for my job.

EH17 locks 2/7 on gps status

EC05 locks 7/7 on gps status

If there is a fix please let me know!

GPS was one of the reasons why I went back to SFR 1.2

I didn't have any issues with GPS on EH06, my only issue was that I couldn't maintain a solid connection to the Sprint tower and was roaming almost always. So went back to EC05, will give EH17 a try and hope that the connection issues are solved for me.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Battery life is bad and it seems the time without signal problem is back.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thats not good
    Paul

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Thanks for the update on the Modem status.
    I am still using EH06 and GPS/signal seems fine to me where I am so I'll stick with this for a while.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    Thanks for the update on the Modem status.
    I am still using EH06 and GPS/signal seems fine to me where I am so I'll stick with this for a while.
    That's a good idea... I am going back to EH06 shortly as it is pretty stable except for the occasional re-boot.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    ShaLea likes this.

i went to EH17 and now my pc does not recognize my phone in debugging mode. I can connect to pc as mass storage and also using bluethooth. I don;t have any indications its not working when checking device manager. I tried PDAnet and that did not work. Im really confused. Im thinking about uninstalling my usb ports in device manager, but im not sure. Ive tried alot of cables, removing battery, reinstalling drivers... i hate when something doesn't work right.
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderspy1 View Post
    i went to EH17 and now my pc does not recognize my phone in debugging mode. I can connect to pc as mass storage and also using bluethooth. I don;t have any indications its not working when checking device manager. I tried PDAnet and that did not work. Im really confused. Im thinking about uninstalling my usb ports in device manager, but im not sure. Ive tried alot of cables, removing battery, reinstalling drivers... i hate when something doesn't work right.
    You should uninstall the samsung USB drivers. Also try restarting your comp.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Anyone else having bluetooth connectivity issues with this? My jawbone headset worked great before I wet to this release. Now it can see the headset and even pair with it, but it won't take the final step and connect. Other than that, I think this works pretty well (the occasional re-boot aside).

Is there any other quirks with this one like eh06 (browser back CLOSED it instead of going back a page). GPS issues? Modem Stability like the pre EG series? There hasn't been much chatter in this thread about issues, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing...
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

I've been having some pretty good luck with the EG22 modem and the Hurricane EH17 ROM. I was getting some launcher crashes and random other FCs with the EH17 modem; I'm not sure why.

As of now with the EG22/Hurricane combo, I've been getting decent battery life and haven't had any serious issues.

Idle battery is anywhere from <1% to 3% per hour. This really bugged me from before. There's no good reason why I should drop 10% in an hour when not doing anything with my phone other than getting GMail pushes and K9 polls.

Battery while in use is variable, of course. But this is much better. Definitely much happier with the phone. SRF is still faster, but this is better longevity.
    Phone: Nexus 5 | ROM: Pure White LRX21M | Kernel: L
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn

Quote Originally Posted by dtm_stretch View Post
    You should uninstall the samsung USB drivers. Also try restarting your comp.
    I am having the same exact problem and I am now stuck on EH17 without the ability to root my phone because of the debug mode not being detected on my puter. I tried the methods you suggested before but that doesn't do any bit of good.

NEED HELP PLEASE!?!!!