[ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
Latest Version: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.7 CW3 Redirector EXT4 ONLY. 1/7/11 - xda-developers

Thank You for the Donations and outpouring of support you have shown for my family especially my kids. Thank you for visiting my blog as well. Donations are not necessary. However, that being said, they have helped my family in more ways then you know. While donations are not required for anything I bring here they are appreciated. I'm humbled by your generosity.... Thanks for supporting midNIGHT ROM and learning something about Autism by reading my families story.

You can follow me on Twitter ppcgeeker

midNIGHT ROM v2.4EXT4 Dual (Naked Edition)

Change Log: It's easier to say what it includes

Custom boot and shut down animations
EXT4/RFS support
Stock Launcher
Calc
Calendar
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Email
Gallery
Internet
Market
MMS
Music
Phone
Settings
Hotspot (cannot be removed)
Superuser (Cause it's prerooted))
Task Manager (Cannot Remove)
Video Player

midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (DUAL) NEW KERNEL Support Froyo DK28 w/clockwork redirect

Change Log:

Brand New Dual Boot Kernel. This means you can now install this ROM with or without EXT4 installed. If you want the benefit of EXT4 then it needs to be installed prior. If your among those who don't then just flash this rom as usual. This ROM will work on the Stock RFS format phones as well. This is only possible because of Dameon87's AMAZING WORK. I have tested this and it works very well.

Also to avoid further confusion I have reverted the MMS apps icon back to the green icon. I keep geting requests for the stock app. This is the stock app. It just has the 5mb increase. Thats it.

Guys I have the EXT4 install down to a science now. This is very simple and you DON'T need abd...There are a few ways floating around but this is bt far the most noob friendly.... So here you go.

How to install EXT4 on a rooted DK28 ROM in 3 steps??.

Things you will need to do prior:

You need to pre-root with the one click root w/ clockwork redirect
Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card. Make sure you have the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder on your desktop. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

1) Boot into clock work and flash the midnight v2.4 ROM
2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select ?reboot Recovery? and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the ?New? Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the ?install-ext4? found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That?s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That?s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

Before you doubt this procedure try it for yourself. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion. Then all that's left is to plug in and run the install bat. It's really mush easier this way. I was aiming to make it accessible to more people with different experience levels.

midNIGHT ROM v2.3 EXT4 Support Froyo DK28 w/clockwork redirect

Change Log:
Rebuilt the ROM (cleaned it up a bit)
Removed AOSP EMail (due to bug)
Added Stock Email
New Boot Animation (THANKS optmsprim2)
New Shutdown animation (reversed Galaxy S boot animation)
A few minor under the hood tweaks

midNIGHT ROM v2.2 EXT4 Support Froyo DK28 w/clockwork redirect

Change Log:
Added Ext4 Support (HUGE THANKS TO Dameon87. Without all his hard work this wouldn't be possible)
Updated build prop
Removed Google Desktop clock
Restored the stock alarm clock
removed some livewallpapers
Removed ROM manager
Added quickboot
Removed Google Car Dock
Restored TW Calculator

Guys I have the EXT4 install down to a science now. This is very simple and you DON'T need abd...There are a few ways floating around but this is bt far the most noob friendly.... So here you go.

Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card along with prepare.zip found in the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select ?reboot Recovery? and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the ?New? Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the ?install-ext4? found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That?s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That?s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
midNIGHT ROM v2.1.1 Froyo DK28 w/clockwork redirect

Change Log:

Removed Data Governor (Your mileage may vary)
Replaced Stock Clock with Google Desktop Clock (Fully working) THANKS hayabusa1300cc Removable
Added Google Car Dock (Fully Working) Removable
Replaced Email app with AOSP email I like it much better)
New Boot Animation
New Shutdown Animation
New live wallpapers
Added TopoCkock widget THANKS *Coming Soon* Removable
Added ROM Manager
Removed TW Calculator
Added AOSP Calc
Other minor tweaks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT ROM v2.0.9 Froyo DK28 w/clockwork redirect

Sorry for the problems with the last build and sorry it took so long to get back up. I have a lot going on at home with my family. I finally got some time to myself and wanted to get this done. I have made some changes to how I will build my ROMS going forward. I will release the ROM as a base with a "stock" theme. I want you guys to choose the theme you like best and flash it.. My goal is to give you as much choice as possible. What I like for me might be different then what you would like. So that is how I'm going to proceed beginning with this new release. I hope you guys enjoy...

Change Log (CLEANED UP THREAD)

Added Google Talk (uninstallable)
Various tweaks to Base ROM +Custom Kernel: HUGE THANKS TO Mammon88
Set Default Ringtone to "Old Phone"
Removed midNIGHT Theme. Completely Stock Theme. Themes available as flashable zips.
All TW is gone
Sprint Bloatware is gone
Clockwork Redirect
Custom Boot and Shutdown Animations
Nexus Ringtones/Alarms/Notifications/UI sounds

Various other under the hood tweaks...

Instructions:
1) You MUST ODIN THE DK28 modem (if you already haven't)
2) Boot into clockwork
3) WIPE DATA/Cache/Dalvik x3
4) Flash midNIGHT v2.0.6 zip
5) DO NOT WIPE DATA AGAIN (You can wipe the caches but NOT DATA). Wiping data again will remove ALL APPS IN THE DATA FOLDER
6) First boot might take a few minutes
7) Enjoy

ROM in the 2nd post

Last edited by a moderator:

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
Current Release:

midNIGHT ROM v2.4EXT4 Dual (Naked Edition)

Screens:

***Please note photobucket and shootme were installed later in order to take screen shots***

midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) Support Stock Themed

You can view a video preview and explanation of midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) at my blog. Click the link and then go to the "Android Development" page at the top.

How to install EXT4 on a rooted DK28 ROM in 3 steps…….

Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card. Make sure you have the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder on your desktop. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select “reboot Recovery” and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the “New” Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the “install-ext4” found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That’s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That’s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

Before you doubt this procedure try it for yourself. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion. Then all that's left is to plug in and run the install bat. It's really mush easier this way. I was aiming to make it accessible to more people with different experience levels.

Screens:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT ROM v2.1.1 Stock

mirror

Those having a negative experience with the Data Gov Removed you can add it back..
The Data Gov Putter Backer

midNIGHT Dialer v1 This is based on amosher13's gingerbread theme. So props to him for all his hard work.

Screens will be posted after dinner.........This will work with existing themes. I'll post the new battery mod after dinner as well. Please don't forget to check out my blog while you are downloading..Downloads should be quick as they are trafficshare and high bandwidth downloads. By viewing you'll be helping to spread autism awareness.

midNIGHT ROM v2.0.9 Stock
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated in the above post I want you to choose your own theme.

THEMES:

midNIGHT Theme v2.1a w/AOSP Lockscreen: Same v2.0 Theme but a blue Evo(ish) w/ numbered 1% battery mod.
midNIGHT Theme v2.1a w/Stock Lockscreen: Same v2.0 Theme but a blue Evo(ish) w/ numbered 1% battery mod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT Theme v2a with AOSP or Stock lock Screen and "EVO Style" 1% (numberless) battery. See screens below... I got your messages and I wanted to address them. So here you go. Basically the same as v2.0 but the battery is EVO(ish) and all the green are now a closer to match the new battery. Also rebuilt the entire theme for compatibility....Also because I listen I have included 2 flavors, AOSP and Stock Lockscreen. You choose the right fit for you......Please enjoy responsibly lol

[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/438921573/midNIGHT_Theme_v2a_Stock_Lock.zip"]midNIGHT Theme v2a w/STOCK lockscreen

midNIGHT Theme v2a w/AOSP lockscreen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New midNIGHT v2.0 with AOSP lock Screen and 1% battery. See screens below...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
midNIGHT Theme v1.0 with AOSP lockscreen and standard EVO battery gauge

Last edited:

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
Hello everyone,

I thought I would bring some midNIGHT ROM love over to Android Central. I will do my best to stay on top of this thread. Aside from individual user posts this thread should be very similar to the ones at PPCGeeks and XDA..

I am really amazed how well this ROM has been received. I started developing not to long ago as a way to try to relax. I have a pretty challenging life so I may be kind of hit and miss. I hope you will understand.

I do have a Donation link in my signature. It was put there at the request of my users over at PPCGeeks and XDA. Please do not feel obligated to donate, it's not required. Any donations I do receive go to the care of my special needs kids.

I put a lot of time into these ROMs, I do ask that you take a minute and visit my blog. I am the father to 3 Autistic boys as well as my wife being sick. It only takes a few minutes to download the ROM. I ask that you spend that time reading some of my posts. My goal is to spread Autism Awareness by sharing my family's story. Autism is the fastest growing childhood disorder in the world yet no one talks about it. Please be aware of families such as mine because we often suffer in silence..I have chosen to talk about it and encourage others to share their stories as well. If you know someone with Autism or a family touched by it, PLEASE offer support, understanding and compassion. They need it.

Also while your there click on the Android Development tab at the top of the page and you can see the midNIGHT ROM v2.2 EXT4 in action.

Thanks so much for the support. I look forward to sharing my creations with all of you. Have a great day.

ptfdmedic

feralpanda

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I switched from TrulyEpic and Quantum to use midNIGHT instead 5 or 6 revisions ago and have been greatly impressed with it. I'm about to load 2.3 but 2.2 has also been great over the last 24 hours.

I've been loading the the AMLauncher zip that I found in a different thread because that launcher is super slick...any chance you might add it to the ROM?

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
Ok.If you want to run with the advantages of EXT4 you need to do through the process of installing EXT4. However, if you are among the people who don't really care and would like to run the latest midNIGHT ROM without the EXT4 you're in luck. I am currently uploading build v2.4 EXT4 (Dual). This ROM can be installed on a stock rom without the installation of EXT4. It will not take advantage of the EXT4 format but you can run the midNIGHT ROM as usual.

Basically one ROM will now work with both RFS and EXT4....

I'll update the the thread soon.

Reactions: ShaLea

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
New Dual Boot ROM is up. This means that if you don't want EXT4 then you no longer have to install it to use the latest midNIGHT ROM. Just flash this ROM as usual and you are good to go. If you do want EXT4 then EXT4 needs to be installed prior. If you already have EXT4 support then you can just flash the ROM as you would any other EXT 4 Supported ROM.

I really try to meet everyone's needs the best I can. This was the best way to do it. Sorry for the frequent updates but with a new thing like EXT4 the updates will come faster due to revisions. When I can simply update via a flashable zip I will. This however only made sense to do as a full rom.

Neptune5k

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to thank you for this awesome ROM and recommend to others that they try it. Everything is working great for me, GPS, EXT4, etc. Keep up the good work!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely loving the ROM, but my battery meter seems to have disappeared (using v2.1a theme w/AOSP lock screen and the dialer). Rebooting doesn't help, however it does reappear at full charge but then disappears again when I unplug my USB. I'm going to flash a different theme to try and rectify this.

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
Absolutely loving the ROM, but my battery meter seems to have disappeared (using v2.1a theme w/AOSP lock screen and the dialer). Rebooting doesn't help, however it does reappear at full charge but then disappears again when I unplug my USB. I'm going to flash a different theme to try and rectify this.

I disappears when you have it plugged in. I have no idea what is going on. Someone smarter then me is going to have to look into it. It's really kind of strange. I am going to try a few different battery mods and see what happens. It may be kernel related......

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com

Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card along with prepare.zip found in the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

How to install EXT4 on a rooted DK28 ROM in 3 steps…….

3 EASY STEPS

2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select “reboot Recovery” and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the “New” Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the “install-ext4” found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That’s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That’s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

You forgot a step - flashing prepare.zip so Clockwork v2.5.1.2 is installed.

ptfdmedic

Aug 7, 2010
www.lostandtired.com
You forgot a step - flashing prepare.zip so Clockwork v2.5.1.2 is installed.

No I didn't. If you follow exactly it will work. Prepare probably isn't even needed on the SD card. I haven't tried without it though. But it is confirmed working by several other of my users as well. I really think this was made more complicated then it needed to be. Also since the kernels are included in the rom already by flashing the rom first you have already done 3/4 of the work. Then you run the install bat and reflash the rom (which may not even be necessary but I don't it just to be safe).

Status
Not open for further replies.