ACS team roms-ERROR

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I was looking through my Rom Manager app to look if any Roms were loaded on my Epic 4G and there was this Rom called the ACS team Roms. I tapped on it and it comes up with this Error message saying Error occurred while processing the ROM list! Can anybody give me some advice to do with this? Is it something I'm not doing with my phone? Yes, my phone is rooted.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That must be new. Last time I checked, there were zero ROMs available through ROM Manager. Sounds like a placeholder for the ACS team.

If you want to flash a ROM, download it manually and flash via Clockwork.

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That must be new. Last time I checked, there were zero ROMs available through ROM Manager. Sounds like a placeholder for the ACS team.

If you want to flash a ROM, download it manually and flash via Clockwork.

How do you flash a ROM, and download it manually and flash via Clockwork? Is it easy to do? I want to master doing this. I came from a Palm Pre.

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
How do you flash a ROM, and download it manually and flash via Clockwork? Is it easy to do? I want to master doing this. I came from a Palm Pre.
I've never posted until now,but the last several weeks, I've observed,read and learned all kinds of things on this forum. I've rooted, coverted to ext4, flashed a bunch of different ROMs to try different ones out, etc..
One thing I have seen A LOT of is people asking the same questions countless times daily and I honestly feel really bad for these two or three moderators and other people who assist. I've really witnessed-just in a matter of weeks-how much time these people volunteer, just to be nice, so that all of us can get our phones rooted and modified in a million different ways. I used to be over on Crackberry.com and its the same there too(although the confusion level is much higher here). I was absolutely out of my comfort zone-and I mean BAD-when I first started trying to learn just how to root. I have ADHD to begin with, so it was brutal. I had to read the same steps over and over and over again. I even bricked my phone to where it wouldnt turn back on while using Odin! I have to say, all that reading, all those mistakes, and all the frustration, in the end, has made me understand the whole process quite thoroughly now. The thing is, I KNOW that if I had people walk me through it and repeat things constantly, I wouldn't really have learned to stand on my own two feet with these procedures. I would really not grasp the whole concept of what I am even doing. I am not trying to be a jerk-and if I sound like one, I sincerely apologize to you. I'm only trying to give you some advice,coming from someone who has only been doing this stuff for just a little over a month. The thing I basically wanted to say, is that I promise you, if you really, truly read over the directions that are layed out, follow all the links given, and keep all the windows you need open, so you can refer back and forth between them, you WILL get this. It really isnt as complicated as it seems at first. It is extremely intimidating and can seem like a foreign language at the beginning, but after you complete a few steps,you will gain more confidence and things will start clicking. Another piece of advice would be to read through older threads on these topics, learn about try to understand the exact mistakes people have already made, so you can avoid them during your procedure. Read every page on some of these threads. Go through every single post if you have an odd question-and most of the time, you'll find that someone has already asked your question before. I've noticed that alot of us make the same type of errors in the beginning, and it's all part of the learning process,and your mistakes will pave the way to greater understanding every time. Every thing you need to know is covered-most times, more than twice. BTW,Instead of reading entire threads, you might find it easier to use the search feature,which will single it out and sift through the garbage. I personally just find it to be the best way because you can connect all the dots in a conversation,and know the exact context in which questions and answers are posted in. That "garbage" can actually be useful in random situations down the road.
Again-I really do apologize to any person who asks alot of questions and was offended by this. I am just the same as you-a beginner. I am always excited to learn new things on here, and I get anxious like everyone. All of us beginners should just think, every time before asking a question, so that the experts here dont just get worn out, and never want to answer a "newb" question again. Dont add to the already giant load of crap questions contantly posted, unless you REALLY need it. It will make us a more repected user-group on this site and, it will truly show the awesome helpers on here, that we REALLY appreciate the time they volunteer to post things for us,even though they get NOTHING out of it. They're just being nice, so I have a ton of repect for their level of patience, so I try to do the same, and have the patience to read their directions countless times until I get it. Why should they even bother to take hours and write these extremely detailed guides, when they could just skip that and do just what they do now: answer the same questions they've already addressed. Lets just respect the time they take to write these 'How-to's" and really try to understand them. Reading it once and deciding that you dont get it is really rude. Ive seen people who treat these volunteers as if they MUST help them. They are not getting paid, so dont act like they should be there, on demand, and answer your questions as many times as it takes, until you get it right.
Oh and to the original poster-most all of this rant was really directed at us beginners in general- so please know that I was NOT at all singling you out.
Your question just finally prompted me to say something I been wanting to for several days. Much luck to you and if you need help after everything, I could possibly be of some assistance, although I am still just a beginner and I have nowhere NEAR the level of knowlege or experience that these guys do here. If you just need help with basics, I'd be happy to take a load off of the moderators shoulders.

**and again-TO THE VOLUNTEERS: THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Ok, lemme step of my damn soapbox now...GOD, what an "EPIC" first impression on the AC community. lol- I really do hope that everyone doesnt hate me now. I honestly wasnt trying to preach...I promise :(

Okkaaay..weelllll... Yaaawwwnnn...I should probably be hittin' the old dusty trail.... :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I_LeftMyHeart@Crackberry.com, same here as stated above by my peers. Thanks for understanding the time we take to do this and yes we too were all once beginners or noobs. Heck every time a new procedure comes out its back to the books sorta speak and learn from scratch again. Its a never ending repeating process. Thanks for the understanding and I hope many others read what you had to say and gain a new understanding for everything that we and AC stands for.

Last thing, yes I agree completely on Crackberry.com.. I was in complete confusion over there too when I was rolling with my BB.

Reactions: makeotapackage-j4

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've never posted until now,but the last several weeks, I've observed,read and learned all kinds of things on this forum. I've rooterd, coverted to ext4, flashed a bunch of different ROMs to try different ones out, etc..
One thing I have seen A LOT of is people asking the same questions countless times daily and I honestly feel really bad for these two or three moderators and other people who assist. I've really witnessed-just in a matter of weeks-how much time these people volunteer, just to be nice, so that all of us can get our phones rooted and modified in a million different ways. I used to be over on Crackberry.com and its the same there too(although the confusion level is much higher here). I was absolutely out of my comfort zone-and I mean BAD-when I first started trying to learn just how to root. I have ADHD to begin with, so it was brutal. I had to read the same steps over and over and over again. I even bricked my phone to where it wouldnt turn back on while using Odin! I have to say, all that reading, all those mistakes, and all the frustration, in the end, has made me understand the whole process quite thoroughly now. The thing is, I KNOW that if I had people walk me through it and repeat things constantly, I wouldn't really have learned to stand on my own two feet with these procedures. I would really not grasp the whole concept of what I am even doing. I am not trying to be a jerk-and if I sound like one, I sincerely apologize to you. I'm only trying to give you some advice,coming from someone who has only been doing this stuff for just a little over a month. The thing I basically wanted to say, is that I promise you, if you really, truly read over the directions that are layed out, follow all the links given, and keep all the windows you need open, so you can refer back and forth between them, you WILL get this. It really isnt as complicated as it seems at first. It is extremely intimidating and can seem like a foreign language at the beginning, but after you complete a few steps,you will gain more confidence and things will start clicking. Another piece of advice would be to read through older threads on these topics, learn about try to understand the exact mistakes people have already made, so you can avoid them during your procedure. Read every page on some of these threads. Go through every single post if you have an odd question-and most of the time, you'll find that someone has already asked your question before. I've noticed that alot of us make the same type of errors in the beginning, and it's all part of the learning process,and your mistakes will pave the way to greater understanding every time. Every thing you need to know is covered-most times, more than twice. BTW,Instead of reading entire threads, you might find it easier to use the search feature,which will single it out and sift through the garbage. I personally just find it to be the best way because you can connect all the dots in a conversation,and know the exact context in which questions and answers are posted in. That "garbage" can actually be useful in random situations down the road.
Again-I really do apologize to any person who asks alot of questions and was offended by this. I am just the same as you-a beginner. I am always excited to learn new things on here, and I get anxious like everyone. All of us beginners should just think, every time before asking a question, so that the experts here dont just get worn out, and never want to answer a "newb" question again. Dont add to the already giant load of crap questions contantly posted, unless you REALLY need it. It will make us a more repected user-group on this site and, it will truly show the awesome helpers on here, that we REALLY appreciate the time they volunteer to post things for us,even though they get NOTHING out of it. They're just being nice, so I have a ton of repect for their level of patience, so I try to do the same, and have the patience to read their directions countless times until I get it. Why should they even bother to take hours and write these extremely detailed guides, when they could just skip that and do just what they do now: answer the same questions they've already addressed. Lets just respect the time they take to write these 'How-to's" and really try to understand them. Reading it once and deciding that you dont get it is really rude. Ive seen people who treat these volunteers as if they MUST help them. They are not getting paid, so dont act like they should be there, on demand, and answer your questions as many times as it takes, until you get it right.
Oh and to the original poster-most all of this rant was really directed at us beginners in general- so please know that I was NOT at all singling you out.
Your question just finally prompted me to say something I been wanting to for several days. Much luck to you and if you need help after everything, I could possibly be of some assistance, although I am still just a beginner and I have nowhere NEAR the level of knowlege or experience that these guys do here. If you just need help with basics, I'd be happy to take a load off of the moderators shoulders.

**and again-TO THE VOLUNTEERS: THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Ok, lemme step of my damn soapbox now...GOD, what an "EPIC" first impression on the AC community. lol- I really do hope that everyone doesnt hate me now. I honestly wasnt trying to preach...I promise :(

Okkaaay..weelllll... Yaaawwwnnn...I should probably be hittin' the old dusty trail.... :)

Thank you for that reply. I may need your help in the future. We can always learn from each others accomplishments and mistakes. God Bless.

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to several of you who posted in response to my long-but well intentioned statement within this thread. Thanks alot you moderators/advisers for taking the time to read my entire post. Your responses made me feel welcome in the AC forums and I think I'll be posting more often. I just wanted to make sure that all of you knew exactly how appreciated your help is. You guys are very kind,and saying something was the least I could do.
And To Messiah> I am really glad that my post went over well with you especially,because I was a bit nervous about offending you,or sounding out of place. You were really cool about it,and you are exactly right. We can all learn from each others mistakes on here. I am loving this forum-and the site in general-and I'm just glad to be involved with it. Hope you are getting the ROM flashing down-and as I said before-I will glady help you with something basic like this. The offer is on the table. ;)

Well,its been a long day,so thanks again everyone. I'm gonna sleep and hopefully,tomorrow we'll have some news from the developers about something they've created from the source code. I'm so excited about the new doors that it wil open for us!
We'll see- My fingers are crossed =)
Goodnight..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress