What file controls the power menu?

gpeterson

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
What file/apk (or series of files) controls the menu I see when I long press the power button. (As if I want to shut down).

I found a menu that I'd really like to use instead of the one provided in my ROM, so that when I long press power, it gives me a few extra options. I just need to know what the name of the file is that controls that action. I'm assuming it's "shutdown.apk", but before I "ass"ume and jump into it, I would like confirmation from a dev.

Thanks in advance.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What file/apk (or series of files) controls the menu I see when I long press the power button. (As if I want to shut down).

I found a menu that I'd really like to use instead of the one provided in my ROM, so that when I long press power, it gives me a few extra options. I just need to know what the name of the file is that controls that action. I'm assuming it's "shutdown.apk", but before I "ass"ume and jump into it, I would like confirmation from a dev.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you are correct. Shutdown.apk controls the showdown process. But there are also other files involved in the shutdown process so be careful. Those new "reboot" option mods that are found at XDA involved a changed framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar file and I think something else, so this will have a big effect on your device.

gpeterson

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are correct. Shutdown.apk controls the showdown process. But there are also other files involved in the shutdown process so be careful. Those new "reboot" option mods that are found at XDA involved a changed framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar file and I think something else, so this will have a big effect on your device.

Thank you very much. Without knowing for sure about the "something else", I'll stick with what I have for now. I had a feeling there would be some mapping issues if I just carried over the shutdown.apk from another ROM. I found one from another phone altogether that included a "recovery" option as well as "reboot" to go along with the standard options...I love the way it's laid out, so I was hoping to put that into ACE before I flashed it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much. Without knowing for sure about the "something else", I'll stick with what I have for now. I had a feeling there would be some mapping issues if I just carried over the shutdown.apk from another ROM. I found one from another phone altogether that included a "recovery" option as well as "reboot" to go along with the standard options...I love the way it's laid out, so I was hoping to put that into ACE before I flashed it.

Yes I know the stuff your talking about. Right now the recovery would not work anyways because the current "redirector" in ACE is not functioning right. I hope to have this fixed in the next update.

gpeterson

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know the stuff your talking about. Right now the recovery would not work anyways because the current "redirector" in ACE is not functioning right. I hope to have this fixed in the next update.

Sweet. I know you're busy as heck, but if you decide to add the additional menu items to the shutdown.apk in the next update...I wouldn't be mad at you.

Thanks for the info Paul, have a great day!