CWM on E4GT

primebeatz

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone, got Titanium Backup and Rom Manager, tried to install Clockwork Mod from Rom Manager, but it never actually installed it. Rerooted with CWM already built in, but at the start up screen it said Galaxy S2 gtI9100 and there was a yellow triangle on the screen. That worried me, but i tried to flash a rom using CWM since it was on there now, but that didnt work.. So i rerooted the original way I did thinking CWM would still be there, but its not and im back at square 1...trying to flash the MIJJZ No Name rom by Team Nocturnal... what can I do?? Any help would be appreciated.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You got the yellow triangle because you flashed a non-Samsung signed kernel using Odin. Honestly, it's hard to advise you further without knowing more about what you actually did. As such, I would start over and follow this ...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...oot-e4gt-latest-method-ff18-ics-firmware.html

Flash the Odin One-click to get to rooted stock ICS FF18, then use the Autoroot Tool to install the Agat kernel+CWM. Videos on doing both are linked in this post if you need guidance.

Then you can flash Mijj's ROM from that recovery.

tonydelante

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Jaywill72 I've used the same methods listed above but now I want to update my CWM. do you have any suggestions for that? the agat kernel one doesn't allow for internal sd access

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Qbqing77 has a video on how to remove the yellow triangle. Not sure if it's gonna help in your case. I'm running CM9 and I don't have it.

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
You may have soft bricked your phone. I would not use the triangle away until you are back on a safe stock recovery. Flashing the wrong kernal is not a good thing. Good luck

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone, got Titanium Backup and Rom Manager, tried to install Clockwork Mod from Rom Manager, but it never actually installed it. Rerooted with CWM already built in, but at the start up screen it said Galaxy S2 gtI9100 and there was a yellow triangle on the screen. That worried me, but i tried to flash a rom using CWM since it was on there now, but that didnt work.. So i rerooted the original way I did thinking CWM would still be there, but its not and im back at square 1...trying to flash the MIJJZ No Name rom by Team Nocturnal... what can I do?? Any help would be appreciated.

Link above has everything you need

1) ODIN el29 one click
2) install cwm. 5.0.2.7
3) install rom of your, choice

Done!

There are many ways to get there. This is a way that works every time

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Link above has everything you need

1) ODIN el29 one click
2) install cwm. 5.0.2.7

Done!

There are many ways to get there. This is a way that works every time

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

True words here, my friend. My process of choice...

1) ODIN el29 one click
2) Mobile Odin EL26 w/ CWM
4) Return to EL26 when I want to change. - Probably not necessary, but I do complete wipes on EL26 before switching roms

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't actually need a gb from. Just the kernel from el26

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Remember, that if you load the EL26 ROM the device may not boot. Don't worry it it does not get passed the first screen showing the triangle and Samsung Logo. Just hold volume up+Power and you'll be booted to the recovery, which is what you want. Do the wiping/factory reseting there. I still use Calkulin's format all for wiping ICS and flashing new ROMs, AOSP based on TW ICS.

Feel free to ask as many questions if you are unsure. It's best to learn the process before attempting so that you have an understanding of what's going on.

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So, are the last two posts directed at me? If so, am I doing something wrong? It seems to be working for me so far booting new roms from GB EL26 w/ cwm kernal. I think I can boot in and out of CM9 ICS since it is safe from the brick bug, but not knowing everything, I just figured it was more safe to go back to the beginning every time.

Last edited:

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The kernel is reflashed once you install a rom. So you are only on el26 until you flashed cm9. Once on cm9 you have the kernel and recovery that was packed into the rom. If you tried to flash cm9 then flashed the el26 kernel again without flashing any rom afterwards it would not boot.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez