[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 5 [OCT22]

siniglesias

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 4 [OCT1]

I'm having battery problems too. I can almost watch the battery drain.it seems like it drops one point every two or three minutes with continued use . but it also charges very quickly. Flashed my phone on day one so I don't know if this is normal

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

bmeza93

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Very Awesome Rom !! Absolutely love it! Very stable i must say, more than any other i have tried, a few things to note tho, when i have my phone docked the sound goes very low out of no where, and its not due to a message or any other reason, also when i leave it charging over night, in the morning the phone is off, which makes my alarms useless. other than that im very happy to work around the problems till there is a fix.

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Just started using this today. Love it so far!
Little to no issues, if you ever need a tester, hit me up.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Hello all,
Just installed this rom (my first) yesterday and I am enjoying it very much. I do have one dilemma, the mobile network signal is very poor and I think its killing my battery. Its almost completely dark yellow in my home and I have an airwave. I understand that I can update my modem. My question is how and what modem should I use? Will it overwrite all data on my phone? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Best regards,
sammad

siniglesias

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm wondering the same thing. There seems to be three popular modems now: el29, ff18, fi03. I could be wrong but this is what I get from googling around. Is it possible to flash the latest leaked modem to this Rom, or flash the stable and more efficient el29? If so, how?

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Hello all,
Just installed this rom (my first) yesterday and I am enjoying it very much. I do have one dilemma, the mobile network signal is very poor and I think its killing my battery. Its almost completely dark yellow in my home and I have an airwave. I understand that I can update my modem. My question is how and what modem should I use? Will it overwrite all data on my phone? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Best regards,
sammad

I'm wondering the same thing. There seems to be three popular modems now: el29, ff18, fi03. I could be wrong but this is what I get from googling around. Is it possible to flash the latest leaked modem to this Rom, or flash the stable and more efficient el29? If so, how?

You can flash any modem you like on the ROM, modems do not change the data so you can try out as many as you like to find which works best for you .. the best place to get them I know of is over on xda rwilco has a full repository of all the modems to download from.

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

I love this ROM! But the things that get my are force closing of camera and gallery that displays duplicates and grey thumbnails

Any recommendations on how to fix this? (The gallery)

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

You can flash any modem you like on the ROM, modems do not change the data so you can try out as many as you like to find which works best for you .. the best place to get them I know of is over on xda rwilco has a full repository of all the modems to download from.

Thanks dandnj71! Is there any Modem that has more success than others. Also, I cant get a good lock on GPS, I have read the best thing to do is roll back to GB rom, get a GPS lock, then reflash the JB Rom. Does that sound correct or is there a different/better way? Thanks!

Last edited:

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks dandnj71! Is there any Modem that has more success than others. Also, I cant get a good lock on GPS, I have read the best thing to do is roll back to GB rom, get a GPS lock, then reflash the JB Rom. Does that sound correct or is there a different/better way? Thanks!

I have done pretty well with the newer modems but they vary by user and location, so trial and error is the best way to find yours .. That is the way to fix GPS lock if you are having issues. You can either roll back, or there is a el29 temp boot the epic cyanogen team put together.. the trick to remember is on GB get a lock leave it locked and boot into recovery while locked and install next ROM

siniglesias

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I flashed the fi03 modem. I'll give it a few days and report back but so far I'm getting two bars when I usually get one or none around my house.

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I have done pretty well with the newer modems but they vary by user and location, so trial and error is the best way to find yours .. That is the way to fix GPS lock if you are having issues. You can either roll back, or there is a el29 temp boot the epic cyanogen team put together.. the trick to remember is on GB get a lock leave it locked and boot into recovery while locked and install next ROM

I did the temp el29 from cyanogen. Worked very well fixing my GPS issue. The only thing I had to do extra is flash gapps again because contacts, gmail and a few others wouldn't open.

All is well in that regard. I have been flashing many different modems. I'm on FI27. It doesn't seam any better regarding signal and I think it hosed my airwave because I had to unplug it for the phone to get 3g. Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Just curious why you think your airrave would be affected by flashing a rom?

Sent from my SGSII E4GT

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Just curious why you think your airrave would be affected by flashing a rom?

Sent from my SGSII E4GT

I'm just speculating, but right after I flashed FI27 I could no longer get 3g signal from my airwave. Nothing. Just flashed FD26 and I have 3g signal again albeit poor.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

According to Sprint....The Airave is NOT for 3G...it is ONLY for the actual phone signal. I have an Airave and it has not improved my 3G at all.....just to give you a comparison. Sprint is working on towers across the country....the locat tower(s) may be getting updated and that may be effecting your 3G. The Airave has nothing to do with it.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

According to Sprint....The Airave is NOT for 3G...it is ONLY for the actual phone signal. I have an Airave and it has not improved my 3G at all.....just to give you a comparison. Sprint is working on towers across the country....the locat tower(s) may be getting updated and that may be effecting your 3G. The Airave has nothing to do with it.

I believe the airvana does

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Actually, I stand corrected.....I have a Airvana. But my 3G is no different then before I got it. I am running the FH13 also. NOT ROOTED. With Go Launcher. And it is the same as before I got the unit and before I installed FH13 and Go Launcher. If this helps.

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I have the Airvana (newest one) as well and it does support 3G. I average 0.3-0.6 MB download without it and 1.5-2.0 MB with it on and that's with non rooted stock phone and rooted phone. I think my initial problem with it been somewhat resolved. I have tried multiple modems and I think FI27 is working out best with my area and Airvana. My battery stats still stink after recalibrating several times. I cant get my mobile stats out of the amber (yellow) color. Any thoughts anyone?

siniglesias

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Been a couple days so far with the fi03 modem. I bought the phone a month ago it came with ff18 and upgraded ota to fh13 right away. Then I started flashing roms. First universe rom then cyanogenmod9 beta1 then blu kuban. All were buggy and all flashed the modem back to ff18. Battery was bad I suspect because the phone kept looking for signal. But now with the fi03 I get a consistent signal and much better battery life.

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Been a couple days so far with the fi03 modem. I bought the phone a month ago it came with ff18 and upgraded ota to fh13 right away. Then I started flashing roms. First universe rom then cyanogenmod9 beta1 then blu kuban. All were buggy and all flashed the modem back to ff18. Battery was bad I suspect because the phone kept looking for signal. But now with the fi03 I get a consistent signal and much better battery life.

Ummmm, roms are not packaged with modems. Never had a problem with the modem from blu kuban or the universe. :confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

siniglesias

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry, I just assumed that. because after the ota update to fh13, the base band version was also fh13. Then after I flashed any of those roms, it went back to ff18. I never explicitly flashed only a modem until now. So thats why I assumed that the roms I flashed reverted the modem back to the older version