galaxy s2 epic 4g lock screen

dopeydog

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
i have a rooted galaxy s2 epic touch.

when my phone is in sleep mode the lock screen comes upfrequently ever minute for 10-20 seconds and then goes back to sleep, even when it is in the holster.

this is killing the heck out of my battery which was 16-24 hours when i first rooted down to 8-12 now:mad:
this did not start until sometime more than a couple of weeks after i rooted. i am sure it is an app that was loaded but i am not sure wich, i do a lot of messing with it and laod and delete apps quit frequently.

Is there a way to find out what app is causing this or if its not an app what could it be.
ill get a screenshot of my battery watcher that shows screen on but i am currently updating all my apps so it is plugged in and screen is turned on...

thanks Rich

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I would say faulty power button. Could be an app though. I'd say backup everything using titanium backup then factory reset the phone. Then start adding apps back one by one.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

dopeydog

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-10-07-18-38-07.png
Screenshot_2012-10-07-18-37-48.png

as promised screenshots. i did have the phone on 3times i think, once is when the gps is on i was trying to see if the boy was on his way home yet, once about 15 minutes later to make a phone call and once later when i was outside working to see what time it was. other than that the phone was holstered the entire time of both of the screen shots.

now what really catches my eye is the long amount of time it was on in the begining.

Q: since the time the phone was on for that long duration was while i was at work, inside a brick and steel building with hundreds of miles of pipe could it be something to do with looking for a signal, although with my battery saver app my networking should be off when the phone is asleep.

thanks.

and yes i downloaded another app ha ha, deer range finder, opened that for a minute when i made the phone call

patrao_n: that is what i have been thinking but holy crap not again.....

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me when I got the original ICS update from GB. I have since rooted with cm9 and have no issues. This was weird...I never figured it out...