Cannot connect E4GT to my windows 7 computer

Opyt

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I'm another noob here with probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I rooted my phone, and it seems successful. But now when I go to connect it back to my computer to download new ROMs/apps, it no longer allows me to access the file directory of the phone. Windows gives me a message stating it cannot find the hardware ID of the phone. I figured there may have been an error in the rooting, so I unrooted, and the phone works fine, both on its own and when connecting to my computer. I went back and re-rooted, and am having the same issue all over again. All drivers are installed, by the way, and Odin can recognize the device.

I apologize if there's a FAQ section, but I haven't been able to find one, nor an answer to this question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I'm another noob here with probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I rooted my phone, and it seems successful. But now when I go to connect it back to my computer to download new ROMs/apps, it no longer allows me to access the file directory of the phone. Windows gives me a message stating it cannot find the hardware ID of the phone. I figured there may have been an error in the rooting, so I unrooted, and the phone works fine, both on its own and when connecting to my computer. I went back and re-rooted, and am having the same issue all over again. All drivers are installed, by the way, and Odin can recognize the device.

I apologize if there's a FAQ section, but I haven't been able to find one, nor an answer to this question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

try going to device manager, right click on the USB hub that says samsung compsite. select uninstall and check off delete driver. Disconnect the phone , make sure debugging mode is plugged in and plug in and wait. see if that helps

Opyt

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just came back from the gym, not that its related, and decided to plug my phone into the computer, and magically it works without having to change anything.

I appreciate the help though!

jahsun

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Try a different cable. One of thicker and better quality perhaps.Samsung cables tend to be thin and wear out easily, especially the micro usb ends. I have an old cable that I got years ago with a Blackberry that actually rarely gives me problems connecting. Sometimes you can try rebooting the device. And sometimes when I try to connect, my PC will make the sound it does when a device is connected, but it will not show. I just disconnect the cable, let it sit for a few minutes, and try again. That usually works. Try different USB ports also if you got any available.