Looking for an notebook app that I can share notes with my computer.

WanderingSol07

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
I have a bunch of lists, I would like an app for the phone that I can use to edit these lists, all text. I would also like to be able to plug my phone into my computer and edit the lists from the computer. I guess I need the app to maintain the lists in plain text files. I have already tried several apps only to find out their method of storing the lists precludes their access from the computer. Do you do something like this and if so, what do you use?

Thanks,
Tim.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As long as you're ok with the notes syncing with your cloud account, I recommend Google Keep. There's no need to connect the phone physically with a computer -- once you enter or edit a note, it's synced to your Google account, and immediately available anywhere you can sign into that account.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
As long as you're ok with the notes syncing with your cloud account, I recommend Google Keep. There's no need to connect the phone physically with a computer -- once you enter or edit a note, it's synced to your Google account, and immediately available anywhere you can sign into that account.
Truth be told, I haven't used OneNote much. But doesn't OneNote do that too, via the OneDrive Cloud?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Truth be told, I haven't used OneNote much. But doesn't OneNote do that too, via the OneDrive Cloud?
Yes, it definitely does -- sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that it doesn't. My own personal preference is Google Keep, since I like to keep everything in one ecosystem, and OneNote is Microsoft. But OneNote may be more ideal for those who are more heavily invested in the Microsoft ecosystem (especially Samsung users).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Probably the more recommended across Android devices and computer even if changed Android manufacturer's

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it definitely does -- sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that it doesn't. My own personal preference is Google Keep, since I like to keep everything in one ecosystem, and OneNote is Microsoft. But OneNote may be more ideal for those who are more heavily invested in the Microsoft ecosystem (especially Samsung users).
I don't use OneNote because it's too convoluted. The browser version, mobile app, and desktop version are all different. I have a hard time using three different versions of the same thing.

Google Keep is easier because it's the same on all devices. That's why it's my preference.

curstwords777

Apr 10, 2024
Visit site
This is something I have a mild obsession with; that is finding the best apps for storing notes & links & any other desired information.

2 of my favs that are able to sync across systems are

#1 Clipto Pro for droid & windows
#2 Notesnook droid & windows

Both of these are superb apps & I haven't found anything that tops their overall functionality & simplicity while still having depth when it comes to personal customization. Check them out lmk what u think!!!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This is something I have a mild obsession with; that is finding the best apps for storing notes & links & any other desired information.

2 of my favs that are able to sync across systems are

#1 Clipto Pro for droid & windows
#2 Notesnook droid & windows

Both of these are superb apps & I haven't found anything that tops their overall functionality & simplicity while still having depth when it comes to personal customization. Check them out lmk what u think!!!
Thanks for that info! Will try to remember to ✔️them out.

Reactions: Laura Knotek