How Do You Install CWM On FK23

kcevans63

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you root your device when you installed FK23? If so, then you can flash CWM when you need to do so using PC Odin or Mobil Odin. I like to use the EL29 direct boot CWM via Mobil Odin (.tar file) or one-click (.exe file) via PC. If the tutorial for the custom ROM you are flashing states to use a specific or recommended safe recovery, go with that one. Prior to flashing your new ROM, be sure to read and follow all the directions associated with it and that your device has at least 50 percent charge. The CWM recovery kernels can be found on the repository. Google it and you will find it. Good luck.
Edit: If you did not root when you installed FK23, you can flash rooted version via PC using a one-click (. exe file) that you can also find on the repository (Rwilco12). This repository also includes various tutorials for flashing ROMs, kernels, etc.
Sent from: deodexed/full debloat/FL16 E4GT

Last edited:

dcscorpio76

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
My phone is already rooted but there was no custom recovery with the FK23 stock 4.1.2 upgrade. I too am curious as how to install the custom recovery only. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

kcevans63

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Install MobilOdin from the Playstore. Use it to flash CWM when you need to, such as flashing ROMs and mods. Download a custom recovery CWM kernel (.tar file) and keep in a folder on your sd card on your device. You also need to download a copy of your stock kernel (.zip file) and place it in a folder on your sd card. Open MobilOdin, scroll down to "open file", select the folder containing your recovery kernel then the kernel file itself. After selection scroll to and select "flash firmware". You may want to use the EL26 CWM or the EL29 direct boot recoveries. If you use the EL26, press and hold the volume up and power button together while the device is displaying the "SGII" screen after flashing CWM. This will get you to recovery. The EL29 will get you directly to recovery. I have had good results using either one, however, use the recommended recovery for whatever you are flashing. Assuming that you are on a stock TW ROM (FK23 for example), upon completing your flashing from recovery you will need to flash your stock kernel (the zip file you placed on your sd card prior to this proccess). You will do this from recovery. Scroll to "install from sd card" (internal or external) and select the folder then stock kernel. Reboot device. Device will re-boot back into recovery without the stock kernel upon your attempt to re-boot. I have also been using Agat's new FL16 repack custom recovery the last few days. I flashed the new GA10 ROM leak and a tweak package with absolutley no issues encountered. All the above mentioned files can be found on Rwilco12's repository website.

Sent from: Deodexed/tweaked/GA10 E4GT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress