Question Boot loop with a Motorola One Vision...

Washand

Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
My Motorola One Vision has got stuck in a boot loop and, of course, I want to retrieve the data rather than do a factory reset.

If I go to Android Recovery mode, there are options including "Apply update from SD card". I am not an Android nerd and the technical language for websites describing Android updates at this level are challenging for me.

I attach a screenshot of the Recovery page in case that helps anyone here understand the OS version installed. In simple language, what do I need to do to break out of the boot loop and restore my data?

Please bear in mind that I can't access the phone to install recovery software but I do have a Windows 11 laptop if needed. There seem to be hundreds of Android update files and I have no idea which is correct and how to do the installation. Put it on the SD card and choose the "Apply update from SD card"?

Many thanks for your thoughts on this.

Attachments

• Recovery Page.jpg
    Recovery Page.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 5

Washand

Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
Thanks, but every method I have found, including this one, has the objective of recovering the phone not the data. Me, I want to recover the data not the phone. This method erases all data, so what's the difference between this and a factory reset? It's hard to believe that there is no way to extract the data and it will be a sad loss to reset the phone given that I know all the data is still sitting there, just that I can't access it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suppose you could try finding a stock ROM file on the web for your phone (but you have to be careful about the site to make sure it's a clean copy), downloading that to an SD card, inserting the card into the phone, and trying the update from SD card option. Not sure if that would also wipe the phone.

It's generally very difficult to impossible to recover data from a borked phone. This is why it's so crucial to keep important data backed up or synced somewhere safe on a regular basis.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter