earbud or jack problem?

72guy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation for earbuds that will work when plugged in without pulling the plug out a nano of an inch to make the proper connection? Or is this a problem with the EVO jack?

Thanks

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I always had a similar problem with my zune. It worked great everytime i got a new set for it, then after some use it would go down hill until i replaced it once again.

I am actually using the earbuds that came with the epic currently. they are great! The previous earbuds had a bad wire where it went into the mic. I have my eye on a set of klipsch earbuds when i am feeling a little richer.

Do you have a old set of ear bud or head phones to plug into it to see if maybe it might be the jack on the evo end? That might be a good start. Or ask to try some one to try their ear buds in your phone. and see how it goes!

Reactions: 72guy

72guy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Ends up I wasn't using enough force when I inserted the plug. Took the phone to Sprint and the tech pushed it in. Sometimes a bigger hammer is all you need. Now I'm set and I'll check out those Klipsch.

Regards

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
No worries man! Always glad to help!

I have been guilty of that one myself, sometime the answer is starring you in the face lol. :D