Speculation about data usage and speed.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any guesses as to how this software will handle those times when your mobile data speed just isn't up to snuff? Or, if this service will end up pulling down more data than say, a phone with the Facebook widget on the home screen and Facebook Messenger running in the background?

I hope that if the amount of data is considerably more than what would be considered "normal", that they offer an option to choose how often the 'cover feed' refreshes itself when the screen is off, or have it automatically refresh when you wake the phone up...which brings me to another question, how will the phone react if you don't have a data connection? Because of the always-connected nature of the lock / home screen replacement, I wonder if we will end up seeing lag or other hiccups in general use, say if you just want to open an app, and you don't have any data connection.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I suspect that absent a data connection, it simply will not update the picture feed on the home screen. But the data usage - and more importantly, battery drain - probably will be pretty bad.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That's the way it SHOULD be. I hope so.

I'm hoping they did some magic so it doesn't take much more battery or data than a widget would, because that's almost what it is...a deeply integrated Facebook 'widget' at least when it comes to what data it's pulling down.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that absent a data connection, it simply will not update the picture feed on the home screen. But the data usage - and more importantly, battery drain - probably will be pretty bad.

There are already many complaints about battery life in the reviews on Play.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
No battery issues on my GS3. My phone lasted 16 hours yesterday with 40% battery to spare.

Using medium setting for data usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38