iCommando giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
thumb_350_iCommando%205.png

OK, folks. We've got five copies of iCommando up for grabs. Check out the post here, then come back and let us know what you're looking for in a good Android game.

pjames6

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Good controls, good frame rates, nice use of what is built into the phone (all of the sensors) and of course good fun gameplay. No specific genre

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Definitely a lot of what has been said previously.
Multi-player action would be great. Good price points.
Fluidity. Iphone games look great, so should droid ones.
Maybe even a web component to some?

dmzxls

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
My main concern with mobile gaming is the ability to come and go. If I have 5 free minutes with nothing to do, it is nice to make a small amount of progress on a level, and know that I can pick back up in the same place a short while later. How it is implemented can of course vary, but two methods that come to mind are first - simply a suspend/temporary save mechanic which would allow the user to resume the game from the last spot; and second - having a large level broken into a number of sub-levels which would, of course, transition smoothly (similar to the Dynasty Warriors games on the PSP).

Another factor that is extremely important to me in any sort of gaming, but especially so in mobile gaming is the ability to control the game with ease. Touch screens and g-sensors pose a unique challenge to this. There have been a number of inventive solutions to this obstacle, though I'm not sure any one could be considered the best.

Another major concern is performance. High resolution graphics coupled with the technical limitations of a mobile device continue to paint me a skeptic. I'm interested to see what type of fluid performance can be pushed out of one of these devices while pushing the envelope on game play.

gonzoguy24

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I just want a game the is on par with iphone quality games! I am talking 3d graphics that dont look like they are from the mid 90s!!!!

herooftimeloz

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a game that utilizes the full potential of the Android system; I'd look for things like good graphics, controls, and multi-touch.

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Simple easy-to-remember controls, immersion, snapshot saving so if you have to stop playing and go back to work before coming back to the game you don't have to start over.

I'd really like to see a good RPG or an old-school turn-based game like Shining Force. An RPG with a Final Fantasy or Phantasy Star-style combat system would be PERFECT for mobile devices.

amayes

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
The 2 major things I'm looking for in an android games is exceptional physics and functional controls. Hi end gaming is meant to stay on consoles for now (were just not there yet), but the entire web gaming realm with there puzzle and adventure games are all fair play. Refining these types of games to the best they can be and optimizing them for our android devices should be a major focus of the android development community! Oh and it never hurts to throw in a good fighting game :)

wctaylor79

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to expand into the games that Droid can offer.. I have been neck deep in working and getting this thing to run like a powerhouse that I haven't been able to sit back and enjoy the fun side.. So most definitly would like to check this out and relax for once with my Droid...

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Without knowing a lot about iCommando... I would like to see a fun RPG or FPS related to the likes of iCommando, first person combat like Soldier of Fortune for PC, or fighter plane game like Ace Combat for Playstation. Simple controls, commands, menu's, layouts and views. If I do not win this game I will most likely buy and try it.

williamruckman

Feb 5, 2010
ruckman.net
Multiplayer via WiFi, evdo, or Bluetooth. A good first person feel with the ability to easily walk and aim using the native controls. Graphics that are at the native resolution for the phone. Statistics and award system. Chat and or voip. Integrates with wired and Bluetooth accessories. Player modifyable content. Ability to run your own server. 3d graphics. Perhaps mobile ports of popular pc games. Customizable player avatars. Squads. Squad commands and general commands and taunts for quick communications.

i forgot to add:

The use of the accelerometer, maybe gps, and magnetometer to look around the environment and aim. Walk forward, backward, fire, and strafe could be on a button.

Be even nicer if you could have a "live" game mode and chase other Android users with augmented reality and find them via GPS and use your phones camera to fire at them. They would then take damage and would have to wait a few minutes to respawn. You could then have stats, or locate items in augmented reality.

Last edited:

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
For an FPS, I say we hold the phone infront of us, and a simple button on the screen, WE rotate in a circlular motion, and the screen on the device now displays another area of the map/area.

Basically, the world in the phone adjusts accordingly to where YOU are facing/holding the phone, kinda like a 3D world. Hope you guys get what I am saying.
It would be awesome to get this, doubt it'll happen though.

Oh, and more 3D games with multitouch support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergio1