When things go wrong......!

Broken One

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi All
Like most people we only look for help when things go wrong,

I purchased my HTC Desire 5 months ago this year in KL, Malaysia while visiting friends before coming back to the UK. I know it was cracked for open use which is fine, but now have a dilemma as the phone has started freezing occasionally and the screen will not refresh on resume. What should I do?, Put it in the bin or try to update the software. Help I love the phone and would like to keep it :eek:.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Impossible to answer as your problem could be one of any number of possibilities. Wipe the device. If it runs properly after the wipe (and before you start loading all your apps) then you had a software issue. If it's still an issue after the wipe then it's a problem with the device itself.

Broken One

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Impossible to answer as your problem could be one of any number of possibilities. Wipe the device. If it runs properly after the wipe (and before you start loading all your apps) then you had a software issue. If it's still an issue after the wipe then it's a problem with the device itself.
Hi Takehsi,
Thanks for the reply to my post, I never mentioned that that I had recently up-dated some apps which on hindsight could be the problem! - I`ll have go and let you know if it works.
P/s Did you mean just uninstalling the apps with user interface or is there some sort of more well known way of removing all the downloaded app.
Ta B_O ;)

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Takehsi,
Thanks for the reply to my post, I never mentioned that that I had recently up-dated some apps which on hindsight could be the problem! - I`ll have go and let you know if it works.
P/s Did you mean just uninstalling the apps with user interface or is there some sort of more well known way of removing all the downloaded app.
Ta B_O ;)
I would either do a factory reset. Or try to get a replacment

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Yoda, Update for you !
Sound advice on the reset works fine now, I must admit was a bit worryed about factory resent but it showed that it had not been configed properly from the start.
Nice one
:cool:

Glad u got it working

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk