Help What Should I Do

datmjboi

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone got stuck in a recovery boot loop. I cant figure out how to get around it after all day researching due too alot of confusing threads (that linked me to more confusing threads) But besides that, I called virgin mobile and they are sending me a new phone but my phone is still stuck in recovery mode what should i do because i have to send them this phone back in:confused:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing you rooted and flashed or installed something, right? If you did, reboot back into recovery and wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. You should be fine on the next reboot.

datmjboi

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I did a factory reset...and ive tried formatting and wiping everything

"I was already rooted and i did a factory reset"

Last edited:

datmjboi

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
no it boots straight to clockwork mod recovery 3.2.0.1 and i tried the factory/reset wipe and it still didnt work just goes straight to lg logo then back to clockwork

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you make a system backup (Nandroid)? Try re-flashing a ROM and give it another boot. You are in Recovery, so that's a good sign that it's not nerfed.

datmjboi

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
no i dont have a nandroid backup and i tried restoring it with a backup file i found online that was suppose to give me a "semi-stock" rom. and i have tried flashing several roms and all have errors that i cant seem to find a way around

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Would help to know what model phone you have.

As SRK said, you still have recovery, so you're not bricked.

First off, I'd format your sd in your pc and clean it. Then, if you can, goto Cyanogenmod and check if there's a rom for your phone. If so, download it to your sd root directory.

As SRK said In CM recovery, wipe all user data. Go into advanced, and wipe your Delvik cache, the go to Install from Zip, and install CM7.

datmjboi

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i formatted my sd card from my computer and put the cm7 files in but now when i go to look for them it says no files found. I did what you said as far as wiping the user data and dalvik but now i cant get to the sdcard

Nevermind i had to reboot

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear you still have troubles. Usually, it's a pretty much straight forward process when following a ROM devs instructions.

Just remember, the ROM has to be phone specific.

The only other option I can think of, is to install an RUU for your phone model. Basically, it's a stock Froyo. Usually only thing required, is that your pc recognizes your device when you connect the USB. It comes in the "exe" format.

Note, you will lose root when you do this.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, after doing a little research, I have found the following which I hope, will get you up and running.

Seems the Optimus., has a bit different procedure than what I am used to;

Here is the link. Keep in mind, you are about to learn a lesson from all this. And, hopefully, you will be successful. Don't let the link title mislead you.

PrepaidAndroids.net - CONTRACTS SUCK!

When you mess with flashing custom rom's and such, these things happen. But, you also need to know how to fix them when things go wrong.

Also, another good place to go, is xda developers. These guys specialize in this stuff.

I hope this helps you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89