FCC Requires Carriers To Throttle Data Usage??

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
While calling T-Mobile to ask why I’m paying for unlimited data only to be sent a txt saying my speeds will be throttled, the rep on the line stated that it isn’t T-Mobile’s fault for throttling data speeds. The FCC requires that the carriers do this or they would be in violation. Now I don’t believe any of this nonsense, but decided to let the AC community lend me some knowledge about this being true or not. Do I have a good reason to call back and call out this bs or could they be right?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
DailyTech - FCC Holds Meeting on New Internet Regulations, Plans to Block Throttling

I was reading this and some other FCC info. From what I can understand and get from it , The FCC is allowing the the to throttle but not forcing or making anything law. So I think that even though the Throttling sounds like crap. Its aimed at the top 5% of the people who use extreme amounts of data. If you never reach that # then you will/should not be effected by this. Or you can just come to Sprint.:)
Hope some of this helps. For what it is worth I believe you were just being told something to dismiss you. Good luck & have them send that FCC law in writing.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
That CSR has a first name... it's O S C A R
That CSR has a second name... it's M A Y E R
Oh I love to hear it everyday
And if you ask me why I'll say...
That CSR's have a way with B O L O G N A!

I think that about sum's it up.
;)

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
That's what I figured. he pulled this when I told them I wasn't happy with the service and what Sprint was going to offer. I wanted to see if they could waive the ETF and this was the response I got. I wanted to laugh, so I put the phone on mute and laughed lol

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's what happens when;

a. Heavy data usage wasn't in their strategic plans
b. They've been told to say that
c. They haven't got a clue.
d. All of the above.

Go to Spencer Gifts and buy one of those cheap "laughing boxes". It's what I used to do. Why take a risk damaging your own vocal cords!!!