Dialing Phone Number with Extension

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am a BB user who will probably be switching to an Android soon. With a BB I can have a telephone number and then add a "W" for waiting and then have an extention after the "W". Once the BB connects with the phone I can then press "1" and the extention is dialed.

Can you please tell me if this is also a feature available in an Android phone.

Also, if the person calling me is listing in the phone book with this extenstion will the Android properly identify the caller?

Thanks for the information

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I am a BB user who will probably be switching to an Android soon. With a BB I can have a telephone number and then add a "W" for waiting and then have an extention after the "W". Once the BB connects with the phone I can then press "1" and the extention is dialed.

Can you please tell me if this is also a feature available in an Android phone.

Also, if the person calling me is listing in the phone book with this extenstion will the Android properly identify the caller?

Try this link,

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/6136-phone-numbers-extension-s.html

I can't tell you though, if it will identify a caller from a certain extension. This would probably depend on what call center system they use.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem!! :D

Just share your knowledge with others when you get comfortable with android. ;)

Also, I noticed a more or less duplicate post by you. Usually, a Mod might take care of it, but, if you wish to know, you'll see some icons at the bottom of your post. One called "edit". We use this for a couple of reasons;

1. When we wish to change something we have already posted.
2. To delete a possible duplicate post (it happens sometimes). Select EDIT, then Go Advanced. You'll see the delete message option.

Have Fun!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii