Provider change number

simplemind

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
Recently I had to change provider to EE. The transfer went smoothly. EE sent a new SIM card and my original number was reinstated a few hours later on my Google 6a handset - Android 13 system.
There seems to be an anomaly with text messages whereby recipients do not recognise the sender because the phone says it has been sent from the number assigned to the new SIM card, not from my reinstated original number.
I have checked the handset's number in Settings so am baffled why outgoing texts do not use the original number. I have tried outgoing telephone calls and recipients recognise correctly as my original number.
As calls work properly, is there some adjustment I need to make so outgoing texts attach the correct number too?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying that your original number was ported from one carrier or network to another? That is, that you can continue to use your old number on a new network?

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Try going to Messages settings - Settings - Advanced and check or change the number there.
Also check what's showing in the sim card settings.

I'm with EE from Three and it used to be you could go in to a store and get a new sim card with only your own number assigned to it. Now stores don't know what you are talking about.

My EE sim default number can still show in places, like banking apps in the past.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail