Community

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I read a post today from someone in the forums and it kinda struck a chord with me. This particular individual was explaining how he recently came over to Android from WebOS. He went on to say that he loves Android, but he noticed the people in the forums are kinda mean. He didn't mention any specific forum but I think he meant the Android community in general.

I just finished reading a few comments on the Galaxy Nexus or Nexus Prime article. And I see what this person was talking about. People going on about Pentilematrix displays and bezel space, and I mean, just going at each other. It's like we, the technology enthusiasts in general and the Android community specifically, have to "outnerd" one another. I don't mean to preach and certainly don't want to appear to be talking down to anyone, but let's all remember why we are here...because WE all love Android!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rickhamilton620

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Those are nearly disagreements with decide specs that have not been officially announced.overall, I have found the android community to be quite good.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the poster is referencing to the behavior of some of the posts, especially on the front page. Some of them, when they comment, resort to name calling and other rude remarks. Good thing he didn't look at the thread when that girl won the phone awhile back.:eek: That resulted in some folks getting banned.

But I can see where he's coming from.

But in reality, comment posters here (news articles) are the same on most other sites. Mostly good, with a few bad apples. Not much you can do about it, except ignore it when somebody rants and raves.

I suppose you would see less of that behavior on a BB or Webos site, as I suspect the age level is a bit higher compared to android devices. I suspect a lot of android users are barely into their teens.

Overall, most of the folks here are ok, especially in the forums where people need their issues solved. You usually don't see people getting rude or resorting to name calling, only on a rare occassion.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There were douches at Precentral.net, too... You just gotta shrug it off. I know I have gone above and beyond to help someone out. I started tutorial videos on youtube this week and in the past, I've actually used logmein.com to root people's devices for them. I haven't collected a dime as I do this for fun, not for pay.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Every community forum has its few bad apples... People who believe they are better or on a higher pedestal than others. Best to just ignore those and their comments and you will find the true helpful and respectful members of the forums and have a good experience.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
No, don't get wrong. I love the Android Central community, and Android in general. I agree, most of the folks on here are great. I just felt bad for this guy, qhen I read his post. I know there are going to be bad apples regardless. I'm just saying we can't let them spoil the whole bunch. Forums were created for people looking for help and smart people like You guys to help them. Not for people that know a little something to try and show up the ones that don't.

Thanks guys

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
And I guess, this goes on more in comment threads rather than the forums. My apologies