Rincon Verizon Store problem with S24 borked after security update, fixed by another store!

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I had an old friend have trouble with the Verizon store in Rincon. He and his wife have been a customer for decades too.

He bought a phone from them yesterday and took It home. Transfered everything with no problem. Then he got a security update. .

That messed everything up. Customer Service told him to factory reset the phone. He and customer service were unable to get this to work. This was hours on the phone.

This morning he returned to the Rincon Verizon store to get his phone replacement because customer service told him that was the next step.

The people in the Rincon store couldn't get it reset either. The manager told him they wouldn't take it back unless it was reset even though they couldn't reset it either.

He is stuck with a brick that he paid a lot of money for.

Catch-22

Any ideas?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
A Store in another part of the County fixed the phone and didn't charge anything.

The manager was the problem.
I believe Verizon has a customer feedback line or email. He should call it or email them to give feedback. It's a pain in the butt, but there are people who actually look at that stuff. If enough people complain about a manager, they will look into it.

He can also message them on X.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I had an old friend have trouble with the Verizon store in Rincon. He and his wife have been a customer for decades too.

He bought a phone from them yesterday and took It home. Transfered everything with no problem. Then he got a security update. .

That messed everything up. Customer Service told him to factory reset the phone. He and customer service were unable to get this to work. This was hours on the phone.

This morning he returned to the Rincon Verizon store to get his phone replacement because customer service told him that was the next step.

The people in the Rincon store couldn't get it reset either. The manager told him they wouldn't take it back unless it was reset even though they couldn't reset it either.

He is stuck with a brick that he paid a lot of money for.

Catch-22

Any ideas?
I edited the title to add relevant information about the thread.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
The person who had the problem can still use "borked" when describing the Rincon Verizon Store Manager in his feedback though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16