Email on Android other than Gmail

goathouse774

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a gmail account, of course, but I have other email such as hotmail and recently a Facebook one. I ran into a snag trying to set up my hotmail through the "email" app that comes with most (all?) Android devices. the app requires some configuration for each account that you add. in broad terms, what are the guidelines for configuring the different types of email accounts in the Android app?

As a side note, when I failed to configure my hotmail I continued to get annoying notifications while the app repeatedly failed to refresh it. I had to delete the account in the app to get this to stop. (killing the app didn't help here.)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

goathouse774

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely check that out, but I am doing this for others as well who have various types of email. If one were trying to consolidate a variety of email into the Android "email" app, what would they need to know?

I will get the hotmail app if only to get the calender - thanks!

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You can setup hotmail as a microsoft exchange e-mail account in the stock app... works just as well.

enter your e-mail, password, then select manual setup. Shouldn't need anything special once you select exchange. What phone do you have, as stock e-mail apps aren't considered equal. Samsung's, for instance, is horrible. I wish they would just left the AOSP mail app instead.

goathouse774

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's the one whose icon is a white envelope with a yellow paper inserted into it containing an "@" symbol. It's simply called "email". When you go to manual setup there are three choices: POP, IMAP, and EXCHANGE. The email I'm trying is hotmail set up, I believe, through windows live. No matter which of the three main options I go with it says it fails to connect to the server.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non