A Faster Way To Delete Android OS's Browser (Download) History?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there a faster way to delete the Download History on Android phones; instead of having to click each and every item in the history? Every thread I find dealing with deleting the Download History, has to do with deleting the normal browser history, not the Download History.

So is there an easier way? Because I just spent 10 minutes deleting each and every item in my Download History and there has to be an easier way of doing this.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm bumping this thread, because I really need help with this. I download lots of things to my phone all day long and having to delete the Download History one item at a time is maddening. There just has to be a faster way. Does anyone know of any ways around this?

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: A Faster Way To Delete Android OS's Browser (Download) Histor

If you use a file explorer program like Astro, do your files show up in the "download" folder? If so, that would be a quick way to select all and delete from there.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You guys should check this app out. You can set this thing to clean your cache and all/specific histories at certain intervals and never have to launch the app again. Just takes a few minutes to set up and you'll never half to worry about it again. I highly recommend this app to anyone. :)

Market Link - Quick App Manager

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Also...If I'm not mistaken there should be an option in the browser app settings to where the history can be cleared upon exiting.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
If you use a file explorer program like Astro, do your files show up in the "download" folder? If so, that would be a quick way to select all and delete from there.

Yeah the actual files show up in the Download folder, but not the history. If I delete the files in the Download folder, that will just delete the files themselves. The Download History will remain until deleted one-by-one.

And I don't see an option to automatically erase the Download History in the native web browser. You might be thinking about another browser like Dolphin, Firefox, Opera Mini, ect. The native web browser is pretty basic when it comes to settings and features.

Last edited:

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm still looking for help with this. Deleting the Download History one item at a time is too long of a process. I have just stopped deleting the history altogether, because there is just too many items to delete. So if anyone knows of a better way, please let me know.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm still looking for help with this. Deleting the Download History one item at a time is too long of a process. I have just stopped deleting the history altogether, because there is just too many items to delete. So if anyone knows of a better way, please let me know.

I think I have the answer to your problem. I use an app called Quick App Manager an you can schedule it to auto clear cache and clear things like browser history in a few simple clicks. I highly recommended this app for its ease of use and robust set of wiping features. :)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cerisierbleu.qac

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I have the answer to your problem. I use an app called Quick App Manager an you can schedule it to auto clear cache and clear things like browser history in a few simple clicks. I highly recommended this app for its ease of use and robust set of wiping features. :)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cerisierbleu.qac

Are you sure that app will delete the Download History? It doesnt mention deleting the Download History in the app details. Since its a pay app, I would need to know for sure before buying. Have you personally used that app to delete your phones Download History?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find one. Do you know where I would go to access this feature?

Actually, if you were to delete the download history you would be deleteing actual files. Best to leave it alone or clear it manually. :) As far as the app goes, it'll clear out anything you ask it to except download history because like I said, you would be deleting actual files.

btrfly02

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, ALL, Download Manager, and Clear Data.
:cool:

rucha91

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Go 2 Menu > Settings > Apps > All Apps > Dowloads > Clear Data

& TADA ur download history z clearclear

For any further details buzz me only at mumsluv.ra on gmail

T&R
Ruchi Ahuja

j0n4t

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for posting in a old thread, but I simply could not leave this by not giving a soluion that I found, after googling various sites, even here.

Simply delete the file /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/databases/downloads.db and maybe /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/databases/downloads.db-journal too, i did delete those two, restart the downloads app and voilá.
You will need a file manager app And root access to do this.

Maybe this can help someone like many posts out there helped me.