GPS tracking friends and 1-touch photo calling

tour1sm0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Greetings friends! I am planning to buy my parents a new Android handset and have only 2 genuine needs for this device:

1. They would like to be able to "track" me on my Android handset (assumes my phone will also have GPS enabled and I agree to "share" with them). Is there a clean (Google?) app for this? Something where they can just tap a screen and see where I am? Perhaps a web (desktop PC) app exists?
--> side note: I am not a high schooler who needs supervision; I travel the world for my job and my parents like to follow along.

2. They would like to be able to set photo icons on one of the home screens. They tap my face (or someone else's) and they are given some options such as: call; video call (gTalk); SMS; IM (gTalk); etc.

That's it. I appreciate anyone's help with this. Perhaps Ice Cream Sandwich will offer something to address these 2 needs.

Thanks!

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Greetings friends! I am planning to buy my parents a new Android handset and have only 2 genuine needs for this device:

1. They would like to be able to "track" me on my Android handset (assumes my phone will also have GPS enabled and I agree to "share" with them). Is there a clean (Google?) app for this? Something where they can just tap a screen and see where I am? Perhaps a web (desktop PC) app exists?
--> side note: I am not a high schooler who needs supervision; I travel the world for my job and my parents like to follow along.

2. They would like to be able to set photo icons on one of the home screens. They tap my face (or someone else's) and they are given some options such as: call; video call (gTalk); SMS; IM (gTalk); etc.

That's it. I appreciate anyone's help with this. Perhaps Ice Cream Sandwich will offer something to address these 2 needs.

Thanks!
You don't need ICS, most Android have these already.

1-They can use Latitude via Google Map to locate you.
That can be done via their phone or PC.

2- Yes you can have shortcut set on home screen be it your contact (tap to open contact infos), direct dial (tap to dial the contact) or direct message (tap to open the messaging app)

You don't even need to get any additional apps to do theses things you want.
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited: