sync with calendar

gdiego

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Outlook and syncing with a Blackberry. Now that I have purchased my Droid, can I still sync with Outlook or is it better to use the g-mail calendar. My business address is a Gmail address.
I would assume a Google OS works better with their product than a Microsoft calendar.
Any suggestions? Thanks...

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
you can have all of the above. I sync outlook with gmail and gmail with the phone. can change data o
on any 1 of the 3 and it syncs the other 2.

should work out of the box for both. mail and calendar. I use companionlink to sync contacts between gmail and outlook
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

lannyd1

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I still have my original Droid. It was one of the first models out. I never have figured out how to sync it with my Google calendar. I got an IT guy to help and he couldn't figure it out either. Any tips, or is it just an impossible task??

:-\

b1gbleu

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, all, I've got sync issues as well:
How do I get my non-gmail account calendar requests to automatically appear?
I just got this Titanium to replace my blackberry. My office usually sends me appointment requests from outlook through my work email. It's not exchange email, just generic email. They used to automatically appear on my BB calendar. I receive the emails on the T but they're blank except for the prompt to open/save the attachment. If I open the attachment, the calendar event is in 'raw' format. If I save it, it stores it as 'unkown attachment' on the sd card. It doesn't get added to my calendar. I've got outlook 2007 on my pc and tried it from my personal account (not gmail), same results. I set upfowarding from my work's website to forward all email to my gmail account. When it gets to gmail, I have to open the email then choose 'add to calendar' or it does nothing. I need it to be automatic. My calendar type is google. I have sync options set to auto and I've cleared the data from the calendar as posted by someone else who had a problem with calendar syncing) Creating an appointment on the gmail website works fine, it appears on my phone quickly. This seems kind of convoluted. If my fellow employees switch to Android this will be a PITA. Is there an automatic way of doing this?

Last edited: