Calendar not showing recurring annual events beyond 50 years

cnewell74

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue with something that I feel should be very basic. When I enter recurring events starting in the past, they disappear after 50 years. What kind of recurring events could I possibly have that go back that long, you may ask. Quite simply, birthdays and anniversaries. I enter the events as starting in year 0, then recur annually. That way, I can have the calendar tell me how old someone is automatically. Pure Calendar widget just added this functionality, and I'm happy to have it, and that's when I noticed that none of my 50+ year events are displaying in my calendar. I can go backward in my calendar, and see the events up to the 50th recurrence, but they're no longer there on the 51st year. For example, I have someone entered as having been born in 1949, and I can go backward in my calendar and view the birthday up until 1999, but in 2000, the entry is missing.

I thought the problem was in Pocket Informant, since I could search and find the event, but it didn't display in the current year. Then I noticed it happens in the stock Android calendar as well. Since the events are on my Google calendars, they're managed by the stock calendar. So, I would really like a fix for displaying events as long as necessary. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

cnewell74

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned that I'm using Pocket Informant, and I really like the software, but if the workable suggestion is to use a different app that replaces the stock calendar rather than letting it handle my google calendars, that would be acceptable. I'd miss PI, but I'd get over it.

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called EboBirthday. It can sync with the phones contact's notes birthday section as well as Facebook. It pops up several days in advance when a birthday is coming up so I don't forget. It's also free. Might solve your problem.

cnewell74

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Nimocone, I haven't used contact birthdays. How do you get birthdays for all members of each family? The only way I've been able to figure it is to have a new contact for every family member. I don't need a separate contact for a 2-year old, but I'd be in trouble if I forgot!
I also use Pure Calendar widget to view my upcoming week at a glance. Would contact birthdays still show?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
You can add birthdays in manually and it does pick up on your contact b-days. If you have any family members added in the comment section of the contact, it won't pick them up.