Applications on SD Card Not Really on SD Card?

badadjective

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
In Android 2.3.4 under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>On SD Card (tab):

It lists several applications that are supposedly installed on the SD Card. When I click on each one, there is no option to "Move to Phone" there is only the option to "Move to SD Card." How is this possible if it's already on the SD Card? I've also never installed these apps to SD card, I thought everything defaulted to installing on the internal phone memory.

I don't want anything on the SD Card because I need to swap them. I need all apps on the phone internal memory. Is this a bug and these apps are all actually on my phone, or do I still need to somehow move these over to my phone?

Any insight appreciated. (Running Running Android 2.3.4 on Verizon HTC Incredible 2)

androidtechrep

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If these apps have been removed from your phone before moving the memory for the apps back to the phone, the memory for the apps are still on the SD Card. You can use a file manager to locate the files on the SD Card and delete them. That will remove the apps from the memory card.

stdeane

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an App2sd app, but I don't seem to need it because everything, that can, goes there automatically anyways.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to keep them on the internal memory of your phone or on the sd card? And it doesn't matter if the apps are on your sd card or not to delete them. You can delete them either way. The more stuff you have on the internal memory of your phone, the more your phone will slow down. That's why you should keep as much as possible on your memory card.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87