Hacker-friendly phone with a keyboard

CeluGeek

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Does that even exist anymore?

This long weekend seemed like the perfect one to flash an old MyTouch 3G Slide to CM7 and rid it from HTC Sense and T-Mobile's bloatware that barely leave space to install apps. That would've made it my hacking device, while I keep my daily driver in good working order. Unfortunately, creating that goldcard needed to unlock the darn ROM was so frustrating, I ended up smashing the phone to pieces.

On one hand, I am happy with my daily driver phone, the Motorola XPRT and even if it never gets Gingerbread (I'm not even dreaming on ICS for it), it does what I need so I'm not looking for a replacement until it dies. But when that time comes, I'm not sure I'm getting another Android device. I'm sick of this so-called open OS with tight-locked hardware, where the only alternative are the Nexus phones. If I wanted to use a phone without a keyboard, I'd be using an iPhone already. I can barely stand the onscreen keyboard on a 10.1-inch tablet screen, let alone a 4-inch phone screen.

So what's the deal? Will there ever be a hacker-friendly Android phone with a hardware keyboard?

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
There is..if ur willing to go to sprint. Its called samsung epic 4g. Its what I have. And believe me, its rooted

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk