Lost all my contacts

chirag8

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
HI

This morning i just got to know that i have lost all my phone contacts. Gmail contacts are stil there. Yesterday i just downloaded and installed mozilla firefox other than that i have not done anything to my phone. While going through this portal i have tried syncing it with gmail and importing contacts from SD card but thatdint help either It say no vCard file found on ur SD. Also i have checked that my sync with gmail and backup data options in settings were marked checked. Is there any way by which i can get them back Please help

Thanks & Regards
Chirag

chirag8

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
And also i installed shark for root application to check something for my project but that dint work as my phone is not rooted. I uninstalled the app but contacts are not recovered yet

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it sounds like you lost the contacts :(

If they were not sync'd or stored elsewhere you won't get them back. Take this as a lesson learned and be sure to backup, including csv files as a backpack.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

chirag8

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
But i dnt understand one thing that if my auto sync with gmail accounts was on how could they are not present in my gmail accounts. Please tell me how to set the sync on and take backup.? Do i need to keep taking backup once in a while or it is automated ? Which option do i need to turn on to make it automatic

Thanks & Regards
Chirag