Should I use seperate Gmail accounts for Droid and Tab?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, total noob here, but I have a question about Gmail accounts. I bought my first smartphone earlier this year, a Droid X2 and set it up with a Gmail account. Yesterday I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and when I set it up I put in the same Gmail account. Much to my surprise it synced everything that I had on my phone even the wallpaper.
I'm not sure if this is a good thing as there were some apps that ran well on the phone, but didn't run at all on the 7 Plus. So I set up a new Gmail account for the 7 Plus, but I'm guessing that if I buy a book or app for my phone I wont be able to also put it on the Tab without buying it again. Also I don't really want to sync everything from phone to tab or tab to phone but would like to be able to sync contacts and events. Not sure if this will even be possible.

How do most of you handle this situation?

Again sorry for the noobish question, but I'm loving my smartphone and my tab and I'm trying to get them to all work as efficiently as possible.

Thanks

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Same account on multiple devices also for me. When logging in for the first time, you can choose NOT to have Google sync anything. That way you can go in and install what ever market app you desire on the new devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty