1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Post here if you want to help a first time Android User

Keeping my blackberry, but going to be my first Android phone. I've barely even played with one! How long will it take me to get profecient with the EVO. I know miles will vary by person, I'm a phone junky and feel pro with the blackberry.

Should I have the getting started and user manual memorized by tommorow?

Does the manual not do anything for the true power of the EVO and Android OS?

it will take a few days to get acustomed to everything its a complicated phone but with some time you can get used to it

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Getting this tomorrow. STill have a BB for work.

I came from WM when I got my Hero & never even looked at the manual. Android is very easy!

I came from a Treo 755, iPhone 3g and now i have a pre but android is looking like the future and it does not help palm that HP's CEO is saying that they are not in the smartphone business.

You shouldn't have to bother with the manual. Just remember than long-pressing on something often opens up addition options, and so does hitting the menu key.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Popcorn

I just ordered the Evo and will get it in days. I have a Treo 755 with a ton of contacts in it. How do I move contacts from a Treo to an Android? Can memo's move? (Nobody even talks about the Android having a memo function.)