Losing Gmail Sync and Push

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Incredible since launch and today all of a sudden Gmail has quit working. I have tried doing a manual sync but does not work. I was going to delete my Google account and reenter it but it says I will need to do a hard reset. I would like to try everything else before doing that. Any help if appreciated thanks in advance.

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Woohoo I got it working. I did turn the phone off and on multiple times and it did not work. I took mclarryjr advice and cleared cache in the gmail tab and nothing. I cleared cache and data under the Gmail app tab and nothing. What finally worked was clearing cache, data and force closing both the Gmail tab and the Gmail Storage tab then restarting the phone and boom works great again!

settings>applications>manage applications>gmail storage

Hope this will help someone in the future if they have problems as I did!

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well you just helped me! I was having this problem the entire day and could not figure out what the deal was. I tried sending like 20megs worth of pictures through e-mail, which never worked and then wouldn't sync again since then. Sending such a big e-mail must have been the cause perhaps? But deleting all those different files seemed to work.

Thanks!