Missing messages

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I got my P8 earlier today and did a transfer from my old phone. After setup I noticed that none of my text messages transferred over. I did a factory reset and tried again and still none of my messages have shown up. Everything else is there apps, calls, contacts just no messages. What am I doing wrong?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you still have your old phone and are the messages still present there? If so download sms backup and recovery from play store. Back then up to Google drive on your old phone and then restore it on your p8.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
What was it so anyone else finding this thread will be able to fix their situation?
Honestly, I had to factory reset a third time. I noticed that every time I did a reset, new things would pop up as far as setting up the device went and it took longer each time. I'm not quite sure why that was though.

Reactions: HyperM3

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Do you still have your old phone and are the messages still present there? If so download sms backup and recovery from play store. Back then up to Google drive on your old phone and then restore it on your p8.
I do still have my old phone. It's the first time I've had issues transferring my data over so I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I get a new phone.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I do still have my old phone. It's the first time I've had issues transferring my data over so I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I get a new phone.
I use that all the time as I switch phones constantly. Only good way I can switch phones and have everything there.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm happy to see you have it resolved.. I also have the SMS backup pro although I didn't need to use it on my transfer over to my P8P.. but it's always a good thing as a backup for all your texts and call logs especially for a person like myself that's using multiple phones..

Reactions: bkeaver